Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   003 Rack and plugins (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=228247)

Ramesh5000 09-15-2008 06:51 AM

003 Rack and plugins

hi
i have a question about 003 Rack plugins..

i bought 003 rack recently..on my installation dvd i hav plugins when i install them its asking me to authorize but i didnt get any authorization code. so i m not sure i have to buy the pluginz again? or its come with 003 rack for free.

i hope some one can help me with this..
thanks

Phil Ogden 09-15-2008 07:26 AM

Re: 003 Rack and plugins

The installers do indeed include a number of demo versions which, depending on what the plug-ins are, may not be included in your bundle.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...25&itemid=5025

http://www.myspace.com/philogg

docscholl 09-15-2008 09:52 AM

Phil -

If I understand the link you posted, this means "Strike" was NOT part of the free software, but is actually a trial-based plug in...right?

Thanks.

Tbassist4 09-15-2008 10:11 AM

Are you talking about the Ignition Pack 2 plugins? Digi gives you authorization codes for all of those. You should have received a stack of cards, and one of them should say Ignition Pack 2 on it. I believe mine was red. From there you have to go to Digidesign.com, create and account, and authorize your ignition pack. From there it will send you to a page that includes and authorization code for each plugin (PRINT THIS). Make sure to follow any of the additional instructions on the cards, you should have recieved one for most of the plugins.

ALSO, and this is very important. After you have authorzied all of the plugins you want to use, you must go and update them individually. I don't know if you are running Leopard or not, but for me, a lot of the plugins would not function until I updated them for Leopard.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Slim Shady 09-15-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docscholl (Post 1282816)
If I understand the link you posted, this means "Strike" was NOT part of the free software, but is actually a trial-based plug in...right?

Correct

SKI 09-15-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbassist4 (Post 1282820)
Are you talking about the Ignition Pack 2 plugins? Digi gives you authorization codes for all of those.

There are 2 versions of the 003 Rack and they have different plug in sets.
The 003 Rack Factory comes with extra plugs the 003 Rack doesn't.

Ramesh5000 09-15-2008 03:22 PM

thanks for the posts guys,

well i m not talking about the ignition pack. i am talking about the other plugins on my Pro Tools LE Installation dvd i have some folders
DV Toolkit 2
Music Production Toolkit
LE Factory bundles
and Plug-ins
inside the plug-ins folder i got alotta pluginz from Bomb factory , digidesign. i manually installed them on the computer..

when i start pro tools its asking me to authorize i didn't get any authorization code for them.
so i m not sure if i have to buy them or its free

Jay_uk 09-15-2008 04:09 PM

If i recall correctly, some plugs are already loaded onto the supplied "iLOK" key. They just have to be synced onto the key at the "iLOK" website, after you have set up the "iLOK" account.
Then when opening ProTools it will ask for Authorization, so your "iLOK" must be inserted and click authorization.
This was with an 003 factory plus free MPT.
It varies according to what bundle you get and can be a bit convoluted.
I have yet to install all the trial plugs (ignition pack pro 2) for this very reason.

SKI 09-15-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAY_UK (Post 1282960)
If i recall correctly, some plugs are already loaded onto the supplied "iLOK" key. They just have to be synced onto the key at the "iLOK" website, after you have set up the "iLOK" account.
Then when opening ProTools it will ask for Authorization, so your "iLOK" must be inserted and click authorization.
This was with an 003 factory plus free MPT.
It varies according to what bundle you get and can be a bit convoluted.
I have yet to install all the trial plugs (ignition pack pro 2) for this very reason.

That's not his case, he simply made the mistake of loading plugs that he doesn't own.
They just need to be removed.

Quote:

well i m not talking about the ignition pack. i am talking about the other plugins on my Pro Tools LE Installation dvd i have some folders
DV Toolkit 2
Music Production Toolkit
LE Factory bundles
and Plug-ins
inside the plug-ins folder i got alotta pluginz from Bomb factory , digidesign. i manually installed them on the computer..

Jay_uk 09-15-2008 04:46 PM

^^^ Ah Okay, I see that now.