Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wavedriver for HD/XP (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=13914)

beggehorn 09-13-2002 02:02 PM

Wavedriver for HD/XP

Heard that this was going to be posted soon. Any more info on this?

Thanks

beggehorn 09-16-2002 10:06 AM

Re: Wavedriver for HD/XP

up

DigiTechSupt 09-17-2002 10:35 AM

Quote:

Any more info on this?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not at this time. As soon as it is available we will post an announcement in this forum.

-Richard

Dave Lang 10-29-2002 09:58 AM

I'm thinking about buy an HD1 system and running it on my pc.

Will the wave driver let me play sounds from other software thru my digi hardware? Or will I need to put another sound card into the pc for this.

For example, if I want to play mp3 files with Winamp, will that go through the digi hardware? What about mpg movies?

thanks,

dave

steve at Your Heaven 10-29-2002 10:54 AM

This quote is from the downloads page for WINDOWS XP (=NOT Apple products). Is this listing incorrect? It seems to be in complete contradiction to the above DigiTechSupt post:
"The DAL WaveDriver is used as the driver for Digidesign hardware and Pro Tools 5.3.3 and will not work with previous versions of Pro Tools. (the DALWDM is included with and automatically installed by the Pro Tools 5.3.3 installer)"

I just got 5.3.3, haven't yet installed it.

beggehorn 10-29-2002 04:39 PM

I noticed this a while back, downloaded it and attempted to install it. I found that it was already on the system. My guess is that this is the driver PT uses for the HD interfaces, not for third party apps. Would be great if our "Digi Windows Team" were around to reply to this as well as our other questions (ie: AmpFarm & Reverb One for HD/XP). I made a call to customer support and was assured a response. That was well over a week ago. . .

Rock_Artist 10-29-2002 04:42 PM

Current Wavedrivers,
enables MME simple playbacks. so MP3s for example can be playbacked fine.

Future drivers,
ASIO! <- Your 96 or 192I/O suppose to be compatible with Nuendo/Cubase or any ASIO client that means low latency and the ability to enjoy both worlds! Digi & 3rd party products such as Steinberg's VSTis!.

Mike Stosich 12-14-2002 02:59 PM

Does Digi want to answer this once and for all? The implication from this topic is that there will be a WAV driver down the pike. In the past, it was available in few months. This absense of a WAV driver has meen much longer. Also what does the following mean from November 20?

"There is no WaveDriver for HD, and I'm not personally aware of plans for one. There will however be a Digidesign ASIO Driver for Windows HD quite soon:
www.digidesign.com/download/asio

--------------------
Digi Web Admin" [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]