Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   waves audiosuite trouble in HD platform (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=27527)

poldo 10-29-2002 05:49 AM

waves audiosuite trouble in HD platform

Anyone experienced the follow annoying bug using Waves processor Audiosuite mode in HD platform?
1)You are processing a file with a Waves Plugin, such xnoise or q10, or any other, in Audiosuite mode...
2)Now you keep the same waveform selection and from the AS plugin popup you choose a Digidesign plug such i.e. Gain or Reverse, or Limiter...
3)You make the appropriate adjustments of settings and you press "Process"
4)The result is and error dialog that tell you that Audiosuite plugs processes 48 channels at time and you must close the plig and re-boot it from Audiosuite Menu

AJP
Hotminds Multimedia Group

Dutchmuzik 10-29-2002 05:52 AM

Re: waves audiosuite trouble in HD platform

YES I get this as well I am not sure if it is only waves but I get it when I switch to Serato Pitch n TIme. "This plug-in can't process 48 tracks at a time" something like that.

poldo 10-29-2002 06:22 AM

yeah!
I think this is a little HD or Waves package bug...
People at Digi, take a note for next update!

AJP

Pirate Post 10-29-2002 09:45 AM

On November 19, 2001 (yes, 2001) I received a reply from Waves that they were able to recreate the bug and it happens with all of the Restoration Plug-Ins. I think they forgot about this one.

Pirate Post

PastaViking II 10-29-2002 03:56 PM

I don't think it's a Waves bug but rather a Digi bug since I sometimes get the same error with simple AS plugins like "gain". Restarting ProTools or sometimes loading a different plugin, change the selection and then go back solves this...

But most annoying indeed.

Speaking of annoying PT bugs:

When importing audio - if I select another disk in the menu and there's a file selected in the current, rather than going to that disk the file gets moved to the import box! If there's no file selected it behaves normally. Bvadr! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

benderbro 10-29-2002 09:03 PM

yup, I get the same problem with the basic digi AS plugins, I have to close the plugin and then reopen it which always works but it's a drag

Mr T 10-30-2002 10:53 AM

This is not an "HD only" problem, I've also experienced it (mostly using Waves or Pitch N Time) with a TDM system and a Digi001 system...
Annoying indeed...

DigiTechSupt 10-31-2002 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PastaViking II:
I don't think it's a Waves bug but rather a Digi bug since I sometimes get the same error with simple AS plugins like "gain". Restarting ProTools or sometimes loading a different plugin, change the selection and then go back solves this...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Up until this point, we have only been able to reproduce when Waves plug-ins are involved.

What steps are you doing to provoke the error when using only DigiRack AS plugins? Is it after one process or is it after the 2nd process of a different plug-in (but the same selected audio)?

Brent