Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 01-15-2002 11:50 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Jorge442 and Mark, thanks for the complements waaaay back there... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Roy

Jorge442 01-16-2002 12:01 AM

Nice mix Roy!! it even makes a nice instrumental! Thanks for sharing, I like that clarity and sense of space in the mix.

No problem da BaSsTaRd! I figured you didn´t need for me to tell you you da man (you already know that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]) I just offered my honest opinion. When I´m working on a mix I send it to my friends over the aol instant messenger as MP3´s for that same purpose, so they can tell me if they hear anything wierd that I might´ve missed or whatever. I visited your site, and you got some cool stuff...I enjoyed the jungle song and how it rocks out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mark_Knecht 01-16-2002 12:31 AM

Roy,
Good mix!
Mark

Cinemafixer 01-16-2002 08:54 AM

The VK7 blows the xb2 OUT OF THE WATER. The vibrato/chorus is actually usable without all those nasty artifacts with a leslie and it doesn't sounds anywhere near as brittle. The B-3 I record with like I said is a '74 - I had the generator recapped and calibrated to my own specs - I play a lot of pedals and needed the organ to produce a lot of bass. The preamp was also modified to keep the bass from getting out of hand - all the cathode circuits and plate caps were changed to my specs. I had them isntall an active percussion boost and a reverb unit - not for the studio, of course, but good for playing out.

Roy Howell 01-16-2002 09:55 AM

Sheesh, Matt, you've got 5 B3's, Bro? And I'm worried about extra guitars on stage. Ha! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Thank goodness your playing justifies it...

GP 01-16-2002 10:08 AM

Great Job on the mix in that last song cinamafixer. Top notch. Love that B3! And Roy, man you bring back some memories with that slide work. What guitar and amp were you using on that one Roy? And was that a long distance session or did you did you hook up at Matt's studio?
I havn't had much time at all since setting up a project studio at my place to do any work on some of my own songs(isn't that the way it works sometimes)....just too busy. But when I do, I look forward to your comments and advice. Great group of people on this post. Hope it continues.
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

David Gregorio 01-16-2002 10:40 AM

Hey,
I'm pleased to present my first (almost) completed digi-001 song.
mp-3

This is yet to be mastered, If your near Philly check these guy's out, they're at the TLA Feb 14 opening for Concrete Blonde.
Also wanted to thank the many posters who's help has been invaluble, as well as Justin from Dawbox, The system he built for me has worked flawlessly.
All comments/critism appreciated
take care
david gregorio

Roy Howell 01-16-2002 10:42 AM

GP,

Matt(cinemafixer) and I are doing some long distance stuff together. I'm in Memphis and he's in Hartford, Ct. I've also had the opportunity to do the same with DaBasstard/Brian(NY), Quikdraw/Mike(Ontario, Ca.), and Last/Peter(S. Africa) and I are collaborating professionally. As I've said before, this forum is a good thing...

For Matt's song, I miked a small Fender jam amp w/ just a Rode NT1. The solo is slightly later than how I played it, but Matt's gonna nudge it back in the final mix, so it's dead on.(Right, Matt? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Thanks, Roy

David Gregorio 01-16-2002 10:45 AM

Doh!! The band's name is "The Dirty Triplets" philly's newest broadband supergroup
Joan Solley-Vocals/Guitar
Kara Lafty-Lead Guitar
Nancy Falcow-Bass
Joann ********Drums
mp3
The Dirty Triplets

David Gregorio 01-16-2002 10:49 AM

Well, either I typo'd, or S C H M I D T is considered profane by the board.