Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Captain_Pants 01-14-2003 05:32 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

A little Light at the end of the tunnel.
Ok, so the past 4 or 5 songs I have posted up here on the DUC have been, more or less, a little anger driven. This time, I decided to write something a little more like a satire. The music is also different then what I usually write like.
I also like the way the vocals turned out, and I hate my voice. So, give it a go if you wish.

=-CP.

Aussie169 01-14-2003 08:34 PM

CP
Great track. Really enjoyed it. Vocals have a very dreamy quality to them. Only gripe is that they could be louder. Seem to get lost in the mix and I had trouble understanding the words.
Mark

bi0force1 01-14-2003 08:48 PM

HA, find one Agenda:Entropy song where you can understand the words.....i listen to bens music all day long (im more serious than you could ever imagine) and i dont know the words to an entire song yet.

as for the vox, i agree that they could be turned up a tad bit.

i count the days till we shoot out a couple tunes together ben, life will be sweet and grand as we sing about spray can cheese spread crap,dead beegees,sinning, bridget fonda,and of course.....ROY HOWELL [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Aussie169 01-14-2003 09:01 PM

1499 posts.......

Aussie169 01-14-2003 09:02 PM

1500 posts to this thread!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

bi0force1 01-15-2003 03:21 AM

wow, 1500 post in 16 months....pretty impressive [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

this is our battletank for blowing up the macs post lead [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Captain_Pants 01-15-2003 06:57 AM

Thanks for checking it out Aussie. I was monitoring it in my car, and I thought the first verse came out pretty clear, cause the music was only drums and some electro-disto-harp thing. But, I do agree that the second verse could be turned up a bit. Of course, when I listen to it, I know what I say, so it makes it a biased argument to me. So, ill just take your word on it. Anyone else care to make some opinions? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Roy? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

kdotson 01-15-2003 11:58 AM

jgehring I really like the songs, especially "Great American Syndrome". What is that sound at the beginning of the song. It sounds like someone got punched in the stomach. Also I love the the heavy guitars, how did you get them to sound so heavy.

Roy Howell 01-15-2003 01:15 PM

Captain of all Pants throughout the universe...

Really nice, Ben... you are getting some very cool sounds. I love the 'harp-like' sound for one, but also, sounds like you created the big staccato-ish effect, that's kind of a solo(?)ish part. Interesting things on the vocal too.
The only thing I noticed is that the kick sound could fall back in some places, because it tends to distract from the great stuff you have going on. But you are a very creative Captain of the universe, and I commend you on another great job... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Nebula 01-15-2003 04:37 PM

Well I've been coming here for a long...long...time and first I have to say thanks to everyone that has helped out with ideas and solutions.

I spent many months working on recordings and checking back here for help. This is only my 3rd or 4th post so I've been taking and not giving, so I posted this, so people can see what this board can do for a beginner...
My stuff is on my website in MP3 format Fools Device [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]