Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Native Instruments Komplete 7 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=289626)

Funkle 12-11-2010 10:39 PM

Native Instruments Komplete 7

Hey guys just got a new macbook pro and im looking to purchase some powerful synthesizers/virtual instruments/effets. Im currently looking at getting Native Instruments Komplete 7 package. Was wondering if any of you have any experience with using it with pro tools. Im on an upgraded macbook pro mac osx 10.6 using pro tools le 8 with an mbox2 and axiom 49 keyboard.

Im mainly looking to do electronic music productions ( main reason i started looking at NI Komplete 7 was for Massive to get the popular dubstep wobble bass sound), but i also do home recordings as well. Is this package the great deal it seems to be?

If im going to spend roughly $600 on the package id like to be sure that this will basically fulfill all of my needs. If anyone has any input as to their experiences with this package I would love to hear them! Thanks. :D

chazc080488 12-12-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Native Instruments Komplete 7

I have komplete 7 on windows and kontakt 4 is a computer hog and kore player is useless on pt 8.04 for some odd reason. other than those two things komplete 7 is great.

davidisinla 12-14-2010 04:37 PM

I have Komplete 7 and love it using Mac Imac dualcore and 4 gigs mem. Paid $449 at Guit Center.

720hours World Record 12-29-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazc080488 (Post 1719996)
I have komplete 7 on windows and kontakt 4 is a computer hog and kore player is useless on pt 8.04 for some odd reason. other than those two things komplete 7 is great.

As is "Kore 2" on 8.0.4 and up - the plug ins themselves of Komplete are fine - but if you add the wrapper of Kore 2 to pullup Komplete instruments - GOOD LUCK - I have been spending a month trying to get things to play well - its a mistery around each bend.

jeffthall 01-24-2011 10:44 PM

I own Komplete 7, and use it in protools 8.0.4. I don't think Kontakt is a cpu hog at all. I run several instances of various Komplete plugins with no problem. Also, Kore is not part of Komplete 7.

Komplete 7 is great value.

tfa 01-28-2011 08:56 PM

I just bought Komplete 7. I'm running it on the Dell Studio XPS. My system is MAXED OUT (memory, proccesor, GFX card etc.) but Komplete and Maschine still manages to freeze my system when the virtual instruments are being ran as RTAS plug-ins from within Pro Tools version 8.0.4. I'm not sure what the problem is.

nst7 01-28-2011 09:06 PM

Did you download and install the updates to the various programs?

tfa 01-28-2011 10:38 PM

Oh yeah. And I just upgraded to PT 8.0.4cs2. The problem still persists. I also have a post in the technical issues area of the NI forum. I'll be making the same post in the DUC just to cover my bases.