Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   I Can Record Just Fine, But I Can't Hear Anything on Playback (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=393489)

mikebigg53 09-03-2017 01:18 PM

I Can Record Just Fine, But I Can't Hear Anything on Playback

HELP!!! I have custom-built PC with an Intel-5 Quad Core Processor. Windows 10 with a Tera Byte of of memory, 16 gigs of ram, Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec, Fast Track M-Audio Interface, and U-phoria UM2 Interface. I am running Pro Tools 12.

I am able to record audio just fine, and it will play back through my monitors while I record. But when I want to listen to it after recording, I get nothing. Plus, I was just recording and mixing a few days ago, and I had no issues other than I couldn't get playback through my Behringer. Now I am not getting playback through my Fast Track either. I would usually use ASIO4ALL as my interface until I could figure out the issue, but I don't even have that option!

What could be wrong?!

lemmma 09-03-2017 02:18 PM

Re: I Can Record Just Fine, But I Can't Hear Anything on Playback

Maybe your tracks are still record-enabled (or input-monitor-enabled) and so you're monitoring the track's input instead of playing the recorded audio? Just a guess. - lemmma

mikebigg53 09-03-2017 05:31 PM

nope thats not the issue. my drop down tab for my behringer interface wont let me change buffer rate past 256 which is bs, its a 4k interface. my Maudio wont come up now it says "usb interface does not support the asio sampling rate " and wont let me use it. sometimes while piddling with it it will play back fine, then on second play it sounds gargled and crunchy, third play its gone.....wtf

albee1952 09-03-2017 06:53 PM

Some things to check:
1-make sure the Behringer is the selected "audio engine"(Setup>Hardware)
2-make sure Windows is NOT set to use the Behringer as its default playback device.
3-make sure you are NOT in Input-Only mode(the green I button on the track or to the right of the Transport buttons). Alt-K toggles that on-off:o

mikebigg53 09-04-2017 07:32 AM

check check and check. its none of those issues.got my maudio to work this morning by going in my control panel, had to reenable the device. itwas diasbled somehow...idk. anywho still no play back. anyone in STL wanna make some money fixing this for me?

john1192 09-04-2017 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebigg53 (Post 2448062)
check check and check. its none of those issues.got my maudio to work this morning by going in my control panel, had to reenable the device. itwas diasbled somehow...idk. anywho still no play back. anyone in STL wanna make some money fixing this for me?

may i ask a silly question ... do you see meters moving when you attempt playback ???

albee1952 09-04-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2448063)
may i ask a silly question ... do you see meters moving when you attempt playback ???

That's a good question^^^ One mistake that is very common for newbies is to try and record a real instrument(like guitar or bass) to an INSTRUMENT track(which are actually for virtual instrument plugins):o

lemix 09-04-2017 12:02 PM

What does your I/O setup look like ? All tabs on default settings ?

;) just because the Blues are my beloved team :D