Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AVID Website | Pros & Cons | Dedicated to the AVID Web Crew (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=278664)

25ghosts 07-26-2010 05:31 AM

AVID Website | Pros & Cons | Dedicated to the AVID Web Crew

Hi,

after having had a long conversation with AVIDs webteam about the cons of the new AVID.com website, I thought that I'd start a new thread about WHAT we would like and WHAT we dont like about the new site.

I am doing this in the interest of saving time in the future, when looking for information about Protools.

I have already described to AVID exactly what my gripes were but I am VERY sure that there are many things that I have not thought of and not yet myself experienced.

So in this thread, perhaps we could try to state in a direct & concise manor what it is that we dont like and what we do like or would like. Examples etc would of course provide the designers with more of an idea of what we mean.

I'll write an email to the person I spoke to and in it make a link to this thread. I guess the more suggestions and more participance we achieve in this thread the faster and better the AVID site will be for all of us in,hopefully, the near future.

So -- lets hear it.....

mhelm01 07-26-2010 05:36 AM

Re: AVID Website | Pros & Cons

I would like to see a pro tools user page where all relative links are gathered instead of hoping what I am looking for are in their "Whats Hot" menu. Just one page I can bookmark with links.

meric 07-26-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25ghosts (Post 1642185)
hi,

after having had a long conversation with avids webteam about the cons of the new avid.com website, i thought that i'd start a new thread about what we would like and what we dont like about the new site.

I am doing this in the interest of saving time in the future, when looking for information about protools.

I have already described to avid exactly what my gripes were but i am very sure that there are many things that i have not thought of and not yet myself experienced.

So in this thread, perhaps we could try to state in a direct & concise manor what it is that we dont like and what we do like or would like. Examples etc would of course provide the designers with more of an idea of what we mean.

I'll write an email to the person i spoke to and in it make a link to this thread. I guess the more suggestions and more participance we achieve in this thread the faster and better the avid site will be for all of us in,hopefully, the near future.

So -- lets hear it.....

+100

Sean Russell 07-26-2010 09:40 AM

I would like the PT side of the site to make sense without 10 drop-down lists.

Those drop-downs don't help the user who is trying to find Pro Tools' Downloads.

And I'd like ALL the downloads presented - so 8.0.4, then 8.0.3cs2, then 8.0.3cs1, etc.

It should be more:

Pro Tools downloads (link)
Pro Tools Plug Ins (link)
---
And all that should be separate from the marketing - which, right now, the marketing is all the user sees. At that point, the user has already been marketed to, and has purchased all the fantastic Avid stuff, and just needs to download the freaking Reel Tape Suite (or whatever).

Craig F 07-26-2010 09:52 AM

yes, all download links on one page
I don't mind the what's hot but when I search I want better results and not the what's hot

I don't like the new plug-ins page(s):
a) there speed across multiple sections
b) you can't sort by manufacture anymore or type
c) things are missing
d) I can't seem to find the version of them anymore ether

I always seem to have problems finding the Avid QuickTime codec plug-in download to see if I'm up to date.
That should be easy right?

froyo 07-26-2010 11:12 AM

Re: AVID Website | Pros & Cons | Dedicated to the AVID Web Crew

Hello. Well off the top of my head I have an idea which may be the simplest and easiest way to go. Have a "Digidesign" link on the Avid website. When you click on it, the old Digidesign website opens (not in a new window), the one you can find at http://www3.digidesign.com. You can add a link to go back to Avid.com here. Done.

soundboy35 07-27-2010 04:33 PM

I try to register my 003 and it can't recognize my user name in the Support Center.
Can't get password because it says I don't exist
Try to make new account, and it says email/user name already used!!!!!!????

Plugin update and compatibility too hard to access
PDF's too complicated to get access
Searching the DUC too hard to access
Now I see Transfer of Ownership and registration are too complicated as well

I have hope that someone can fix this stuff...

browniespeaks 07-27-2010 05:02 PM

i would like a mobile friendly version of the self help section and faq

kptkarl 07-28-2010 09:45 AM

How about they just go back to the old site. Remove Digidesign/digi references and use the domain they already own www.protools.com.

25ghosts 07-28-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kptkarl (Post 1643471)
How about they just go back to the old site. Remove Digidesign/digi references and use the domain they already own www.protools.com.

I dont think that option is up for debate.

I take that what you are saying is that 'in the Pro Tools section of AVID "Copy" the functionality of the old digidesign.com-site'

Personally, I think that the old digi site was in dire need of an update.

I think, if we all make some nice suggestions towards the new site and stating obviously what is wrong with it... Will lead to a superior result compared to the old digi site and what we have now... At least that is what I hope for... Otherwise, I would not have wasted my time starting these threads and talking to AVID about it...

Keep it coming :-)