Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Switching to XMON using a Dangerous 2-bus LT summing box - help with connections (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409654)

Echo studios 04-19-2020 04:25 AM

Switching to XMON using a Dangerous 2-bus LT summing box - help with connections

How would you hook an Avid HD 16x16 I/O to a Dangerous 2BUS LT and output the audio to a XMON.......its giving me terrible headaches...

Right now, I'm using the Lightpipe Digital out from my 16x16 connected to the light IN of a Presonus Central Station to monitor the main mix summed by the 2BUS in Protools.

what if I want to be able to use all the cue outputs and external inputs with the XMON and still be able to use the 2BUS...

Anyone can help?
Thanks,

Led 04-19-2020 04:30 PM

Re: Switching to XMON using a Dangerous 2-bus LT summing box - help with connections

Connect the 16 outputs of the 16x16 converters to the 16 inputs of the 2 bus LT, then the main out of the 2bus LT to the main inputs 1(L) and 5(R) of the xmon.
Xmon then replaces the Presonus as your monitor controller. All the wiring diagrams for the xmon db25 connectors are towards the end of the D Command manual.

Echo studios 04-19-2020 04:34 PM

Re: Switching to XMON using a Dangerous 2-bus LT summing box - help with connections

Thanks as simple as that!

Led 04-19-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo studios (Post 2562466)
Thanks as simple as that!

Sorry, slight typo - the Monitor out of the 2BUS goes to the xmon inputs, the main out of the 2bus goes back to 2 inputs on the 16x16 so you can record the summed mix back into Pro Tools.

Echo studios 04-19-2020 05:04 PM

I was just about to write about the summed mix...This is what I thought I normally used 15-16 as the print inputs on the 16x16.

Echo studios 04-19-2020 05:11 PM

But the Main problem I see is with Cue mixes....since I'm throwing all 16 outs of the HD into the 2BUS leaving me nothing to send to...

YYR123 04-19-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo studios (Post 2562476)
But the Main problem I see is with Cue mixes....since I'm throwing all 16 outs of the HD into the 2BUS leaving me nothing to send to...

This is where people use the 96io’s...

Don’t laugh - I’m serious -

You don’t necessarily care about the quality of the HP cues....run a 96 in there to cue out to.....

Led 04-19-2020 07:29 PM

If you need to send a different mix to the headphones , then yes you'll need either an extra converter as Daniel said, or only have 14 inputs to the 2bus and use the other two for cue mix. If you don't need and individual cue mix you can just send the control room mix to the headphones up the monitor section of the D Command by setting the 'Phones' source in the studio section to 'Mn' using the 'set source' button under the level pot, which will cycle though the Main monitor feed and Cue 1 and 2.

Echo studios 04-20-2020 04:59 AM

I think I may go and drive 96 route. Is this still supported in PT ultimate 2019?