Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Broken Button On S3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395860)

rmccam 12-22-2017 11:15 AM

Broken Button On S3

I got my S3 today second-hand and it arrived with a broken "Sel" button. The button works but if you turned the S3 upside down it would fall out. You can also feel how wobbly it is. On inspected, you can see a small plastic tab is broken. I'm obviously trying to see about warranty and all that but does anyone know if it's a simple fix? It looks like if I could just get a replacement button I could probably do it myself but I wouldn't know until I opened it up.

Thoughts? Thanks,

Ryan

tonmensch 02-16-2021 01:45 PM

Re: Broken Button On S3

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmccam (Post 2465504)
I got my S3 today second-hand and it arrived with a broken "Sel" button. The button works but if you turned the S3 upside down it would fall out. You can also feel how wobbly it is. On inspected, you can see a small plastic tab is broken. I'm obviously trying to see about warranty and all that but does anyone know if it's a simple fix? It looks like if I could just get a replacement button I could probably do it myself but I wouldn't know until I opened it up.

Thoughts? Thanks,

Ryan

Dear Ryan

same here with my AVID Dock. Two Buttons broken in half. Did you get any further with your inquiry ?

Best
Tobs

rmccam 02-17-2021 07:58 AM

Hey Tobs,

That really sucks... sorry to hear that.

I didn't get a simple fix, unfortunately. I had insurance pay to get it serviced.

From what I remember, I took it apart and there was no good way to do it, which is a drag.

Sorry. Good luck though!

Ryan

EddieJones 02-17-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonmensch (Post 2593618)
Dear Ryan

same here with my AVID Dock. Two Buttons broken in half. Did you get any further with your inquiry ?

Best
Tobs

Sorry your button broke. If its still under the 1 year support get it changed out.....or if not, take out a new support contract ($99) wait a month and get it fixed.

Maro Records 02-18-2021 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonmensch (Post 2593618)
Dear Ryan

Best
Tobs

My Dock - one button broken, and ... the knobs started working incorrectly. The parameters do not follow the movements of the knobs, sometimes the displays are completely in the opposite direction. The first knob was repaired under warranty a year ago, and it is the only one that works properly...
My two Artist Mixes - very old ones - work perfect.
So, the Dock and all new line of products are poorly made - this is my conclusion...

feakerboo 10-11-2021 03:54 PM

Where do I purchase this support plan. I'm unable to find it?

TrentWilliams 10-12-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feakerboo (Post 2615772)
Where do I purchase this support plan. I'm unable to find it?

You have to go to your local Avid dealer and ask for it, part number is: 0541-60111-15

Rich Breen 10-12-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2593719)
Sorry your button broke. If its still under the 1 year support get it changed out.....or if not, take out a new support contract ($99) wait a month and get it fixed.

Seems like an issue with these - 1 button broken in half on my Dock; guess I'll look into a warranty repair/replace.

feakerboo 10-20-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2615798)
Seems like an issue with these - 1 button broken in half on my Dock; guess I'll look into a warranty repair/replace.

Yup just happened to me this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EddieJones 10-21-2021 08:31 AM

Can you please post your serial numbers?