Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How do you pros compensate delay (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=258008)

Fastermouse 10-29-2009 12:51 AM

How do you pros compensate delay

I have watched some vids on manual compensation, and I know some nudge and some use time adjustment, but, all you guys that are constantly working big projects... How do you do it?

KingFish 10-29-2009 01:01 AM

Re: How do you pros compensate delay

Mellowmuse ATA is the only "Simple " solution to delay Compensation in LE - any other methods are to use the manual Time adjuster plugin, and ping a;; of your tracks for the right value.

Fastermouse 10-29-2009 01:05 AM

So can I completely trust ATA? I hate to spend the $$ and still have to work around.

KingFish 10-29-2009 01:09 AM

well its a learning curve - but once you figure out the workflow... it works.

it's not an "Along the way" solution to leave active while tracking etc...

Only really to be applied for final mixing - make sure you watch a few videos before you spend the money.

spicemix 10-29-2009 01:38 AM

I use the Logic plugin. :-)

Fastermouse 10-29-2009 02:13 AM

So, if ATA works, then why hasn't Avid made this a standard plug-in or a clone that is included w/ PT to deal with our number one bitch?

spicemix 10-29-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastermouse (Post 1487285)
So, if ATA works, then why hasn't Avid made this a standard plug-in or a clone that is included w/ PT to deal with our number one bitch?

Would you rather leverage that demand to sell a kludge for $49 or make people buy a whole new system for $$$$?

SeedGuy 10-29-2009 02:35 AM

I tried ATA, and couldn't be bothered with the messing around. It's not so bad on simple projects, but as soon as you start adding subgroups and multiple sends it starts taking a bit of time. Although I have to say it's a good product for those who have the patience.

FWIW, I find nudging the audio a much simpler solution.

Loudnoize Ent. 10-29-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeedGuy (Post 1487292)
I tried ATA, and couldn't be bothered with the messing around. It's not so bad on simple projects, but as soon as you start adding subgroups and multiple sends it starts taking a bit of time. Although I have to say it's a good product for those who have the patience.

FWIW, I find nudging the audio a much simpler solution.

Same here.. Gave it a go and couldn't be bothered. I prefer nudging as well. Just reading all these threads the last couple days about ADC is certainly an eye opener for those of us, not wanting to dick around with this issue any longer and finding a better solution.

albee1952 10-29-2009 07:13 AM

I choose my plugins carefully and now don't give it a thought. By knowing which plugins have lots of latency, I simply choose different ones. For instance, I never use a "look-ahead" limiter on a track(or during recording). When mixing, those are okay on the master(but I usually leave all master plugins to a separate step in a mastering session). Honestly, the only time I worry about it is when I use Melodyne and I have a simple method for dealing with that that is dead-nuts perfect.