Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   VENUE Live Sound Systems (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   loss of a redundant connection loss protools device S3L-X (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=386408)

Matysiak.m.d 11-17-2016 12:48 AM

loss of a redundant connection loss protools device S3L-X

hi
Someone had so ?
when are You Lost of redundant connection You lost Protool's device.

S3L-X version 4.5.3.3, Protools 12.5, os x 10.10.5

Karel Noon 11-17-2016 01:17 AM

Re: loss of a redundant connection loss protools device S3L-X

Did not notice that, how did you connect? What was on Ports A/B/C ?

Valentyn 11-17-2016 01:48 AM

Weird, one should not cause another. I support Karel's question on connectivity.

Matysiak.m.d 11-17-2016 01:48 AM

E3port A go to stage rack 1 port A , port B go to port A stage rack 2 , port B go to E3 port B . E3 port C go to S3 port A and port B go to Mac 1Gb ethernet port

Valentyn 11-18-2016 04:22 AM

Looks ok. Did you have reports on devices being "Lost" when redundancy was reported lost?

Matysiak.m.d 11-22-2016 03:44 AM

NO, only redundancy connection lost , but protool's shout down becouse lost AVB devices .

Kristo Kotkas 11-28-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matysiak.m.d (Post 2396507)
NO, only redundancy connection lost , but protool's shout down becouse lost AVB devices .

Ok, I just had this same thing happen to me a couple of days ago. I have never had Pro Tools quit tracking on me with none of my S3L/PT systems.

The only thing that made me wonder is that I did "reset faders" and this might have had something to do with Pro Tools stopping. Matysiak, did you perhaps use reset faders function before Pro Tools stopped?

Matysiak.m.d 01-25-2017 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas (Post 2397608)
Ok, I just had this same thing happen to me a couple of days ago. I have never had Pro Tools quit tracking on me with none of my S3L/PT systems.

The only thing that made me wonder is that I did "reset faders" and this might have had something to do with Pro Tools stopping. Matysiak, did you perhaps use reset faders function before Pro Tools stopped?

hi no i'm dont use reset faders function. Protools stops when I lost redundant connection.
I'm send my E3 to servis and they give me new E3 and now works fine. ( when I'm disconnect Cat5 I'm see only information redundant connection lost but protool works.
that was problem inside E3 . Ruter Avb or what ever.

but when You reset S3 protools is stop and lost AVB connection becouse You reseting S3

Kristo Kotkas 01-25-2017 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matysiak.m.d (Post 2409246)

but when You reset S3 protools is stop and lost AVB connection becouse You reseting S3

Resetting S3 and resetting just faders are two different things, when completely resetting S3 it would be normal to see Pro Tools to quit but resetting just faders should keep PT running.