Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Rendered Frozen Files Missing (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=377594)

Jon_Atkinson 02-08-2016 03:15 AM

Rendered Frozen Files Missing

Hey all,

I'm getting the error message that 'Rendered Frozen Files' are missing every time I open a particular session.
There are no frozen files in this particular session.

Now, I know there are a few ways I should be able to overcome this:

1. open a blank session and import session data
2. go to the audio files list and remove the missing files

Except that every time I try and import session data I get a hard quit from Protools every time the new session is almost complete with importing the data (irritating, but perhaps an indicator that there is something not quite right in the session generally)

And if I go to the audio files list, none of the offending 'missing files' are showing in the audio bin... So can't be removed...

I know exactly how I got into this situation... I was working on a session and did a 'save as' to create a new version which I could continue to develop... A few of the tracks (some of which were frozen) were not needed in the new session, so I erased them, but for some reason the session has seen them as still needed. They are not hidden by the way... All the tracks are showing, and none are hidden or inactive.

When I get the error message, I have tried ticking the 'relink' button, but it makes no difference...

Any thoughts on this...?

midnightrambler 02-08-2016 03:39 AM

Re: Rendered Frozen Files Missing

I have no solutions but I am currently having exactly the same issue. I boot up the session, claims there are missing frozen files despite no tracks currently being in a frozen state. It doesn't seem to matter if I click "regenerate" or not, I'm still getting the "Missing Files" dialogue box when I re-open the session. Very annoying. The "Timeline Data Online Status" is green though, which kind of implies there aren't any files missing really......

ripekeai 02-08-2016 11:22 AM

Same here, I enjoy having organized sessions so the error dialog bothers me upon opening certain sessions. I've also had frozen files disappear from sessions and unable to delete or find in the clip list to prevent the dialog.

mushoo 03-02-2016 02:34 PM

Best solution I've found (I didn't actually need my rendered freeze files though, I just wanted to stop the damned 'missing files' popup) is to select all tracks, and then export selected tracks as a new session (don't copy audio) and put it in the same place as your original session. No more missing files dialog!

Sadly, you'll also lose any regions/files that don't actively exist in your tracks.

DontLetMeDrown 04-24-2016 07:06 PM

Anyone found a better way around this?

DontLetMeDrown 04-27-2016 06:48 PM

This is starting to happen on all of my sessions. Even when I unfreeze or re-freeze everything. All of the audio is there, but it says there are missing frozen tracks. Annoying!:mad:

Mike Caffrey 04-30-2016 04:40 AM

I solved it by unfreezing all of the tracks. Then save a copy as with whatever tracks I want. Open that new session and then re-freeze.

Terry Wetzel 04-30-2016 05:23 AM

Good morning Jon. I'm not on PT's 12 but I always scan the new posts. I'm on 9. Anyway what is meant by frozen tracks? You see I've been having this same problem in 9 for quite a while which leads me to believe that the issue has been around too long for Avid not to have addressed it. Being computer illiterate, when I get the popup missing files, it seems it's always when I've finished a session and attempt to reopen it. Sorry I'm not up on 12's terminology. I always try to let PT's regenerate the missing files but I'm an old guy and I'm not in to wasting my valuable time. This process can take forever and still not find and replace the missing files. I really am just trying to observe and learn all I can. Thanks.

RicoRoss 08-24-2018 10:00 PM

On PT 2018.4, I am experiencing a variation to the previously stated "Freeze Track" issues in this thread. I normally freeze any MIDI tracks when I have them edited correctly.

After freezing an instrument track: MIDI bass which instances Kontakt 5, I found some performance errors which I wanted to change. I unfreeze the track and the MIDI data has gone with no warning. I have the rendered track but it is now un-editable using MIDI. I go to the Clip List but cannot find all of the associated MIDI files.

BTW, the reason for my workflow of Freezing MIDi is the excessive demands that active MIDI tracks make on my DSP. It seems I am caught between a rock and a hard place here.