Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   triton MIDI programs and banks keep changing WHY? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=67452)

John G 10-02-2002 04:10 PM

triton MIDI programs and banks keep changing WHY?

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Captain_Pants 10-02-2002 04:32 PM

Re: triton MIDI programs and banks keep changing WHY?

Demons?

No, seriously, what do you mean? You record something with a sound in PT, close the session down, go grab a double-double, fries, and a coke, come back home, turn the session back on, and the patches have changed?

give an example and help will follow.

steals 10-02-2002 05:43 PM

Mmmmmm... double-double, fries, and a coke.

Roy Howell 10-02-2002 05:43 PM

John,
I read your last post in your other same-subjuect topic(s), and since you've tried the 'program change' with no success, let me ask you this.
On the triton, are you in a sequencer type mode, or just a straight, one-program-at-a-time mode? You should be in a sequencer mode (I'm not sure what it's called on the triton, on my Korg it's called...'Sequencer Mode'. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
Anyway, check it and see.

mfym 10-02-2002 07:18 PM

I had this exact problem for months.

"When I hit play on pro tools it plays the wrong voice, and as its playing on pro tools if I hit locate on triton the voices goes to the correct voice."

When you power up the Triton, if PTLE is the master, all you have to do is hit sequence on the Triton and nothing else. You can do everything else from within PTLE. Since you mention hitting locate on the Triton, do you always load in the sequence into the Triton before you start, or are you totally controlling the sequence from PTLE? I would assume hitting locate would do nothing at all if PTLE was the sequencer, given that the sequencer in the Triton powers up totally blank. Also, did you leave at least two measures blank at the beginning of the sequence in PTLE? PTLE may not be picking up the first program change if the sequence starts right at the beginning of the session. You know, there's nothing stopping you from separating out all your midi tracks so that each track has a separate and single program change per midi track.

You mention having figured out the bank select function. Are you entering the MSB and LSB into the two little boxes beside where the patch number is displayed in the patch select window and then clicking ok, or are both boxes displaying a - symbol?

John G 10-02-2002 09:00 PM

I am just now utilizing midi for PTLE. In the future I will sequence everything on PTLE. For a long time I have done all my sequencing on Triton. At the momment I am trying to transfer desired tracks initialy sequenced on triton to PTLE via MIDI. And yes, I am working from the sequence mode and not the program. I have also been entering the MSB and LSB.

You said something about giving it a two measure lead, I think I will try that.

I believe I understand the part about "seperating all of my midi tracks so that each track has a separate and single program change per midi track" That is the basic Idea of MIDI isn't it!

Also can transfer more than one track at a time? Transfer is the key word. I know you can only record one Midi track at a time.

Sorry to ask so many questions. But this is driving me nuts.

If this doesn't work I think I'll have a double, fries and coke laced with cyanide!

Thanks for your time.

Roy Howell 10-02-2002 09:28 PM

You're welcome.

mfym 10-02-2002 09:34 PM

"I believe I understand the part about "seperating all of my midi tracks so that each track has a separate and single program change per midi track" That is the basic Idea of MIDI isn't it!"

Not necessarily. You can have a program change at the beginning of every measure if you wanted. I understand you point though.

I started off transferring previous work from a work station also, but when I did an actual test to see how tight the timing was, I realized the workstation was not tight at all, losing about 35 to 40 milliseconds per beat (it was an old workstation). I decided to not use the workstation to sequence again after that.

"Also can transfer more than one track at a time? Transfer is the key word. I know you can only record one Midi track at a time."

Are you sure about that? The PTLE upgrade to 5.1 was suppose to make it possible to record multiple channels at once. I had to buy another program that could record multiple midi tracks and create midi files first before 5.1 You should be able to transfer/record all the channels at once, and this could cause a program change problem.

I would suggest after you've transferred a song into PTLE, rebooting the Triton and trying it in an empty sequence mode and playing from PTLE to see what happens. You'll have to put 'local on' on the Triton to record, and turn it off to playback from PTLE.

Do you have PTLE set up to receive/send programs changes?
Do you have the Triton set to receive programs changes (somewhere in the global settings)? Those could be potential problems too.