Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Layouts - Delete/Inactive tracks <blank strip> (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422518)

kings79 11-21-2022 02:01 PM

Layouts - Delete/Inactive tracks <blank strip>

Hey EddieJones can we please have a preference in Eucon that allows us to choose to have deleted/inactive tracks from a layout either; <blank strip> OR <auto assigned>.

It's highly irritating to have your layouts filled with random tracks you don't want just because you've made some inactive or deleted them.

Please please can we have this preference in Eucon.

Thank you

EddieJones 11-30-2022 02:22 PM

Re: Layouts - Delete/Inactive tracks <blank strip>

On my system they do go blank and are not random tracks, what version are you running? PT and EuControl

kings79 12-06-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2654652)
On my system they do go blank and are not random tracks, what version are you running? PT and EuControl

PT 21.12.0 EU 21.10.1.29 at work and the latest at home.

Can you make a toggle switch to choose between a blank fader and auto assign in Eucon?

EddieJones 12-06-2022 01:35 PM

Unfortunately, that's not how layouts work in the code. If it went to auto assign it would not come back if you Activated the track again. But I don't understand why you are asking for this as in your original post you said that "It's highly irritating to have your layouts filled with random tracks" and this is exactly what you would get?

kings79 12-06-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2655255)
Unfortunately, that's not how layouts work in the code. If it went to auto assign it would not come back if you Activated the track again. But I don't understand why you are asking for this as in your original post you said that "It's highly irritating to have your layouts filled with random tracks" and this is exactly what you would get?

What I want is NOT to have random tracks/auto assign. If I delete/make inactive a track thats in one of my layouts. I want it to be blank.

Currently, if you delete/make inactive a track it auto assigns a random track.

EddieJones 12-06-2022 01:45 PM

Thats weird...on my system it goes to a Blank Track

kings79 12-06-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2655258)
Thats weird...on my system it goes to a Blank Track

Guess you guys need to do some more testing then :D

It really needs to be fixed. Slows down workflow.

EddieJones 12-06-2022 02:00 PM

Have you seen the EuControl setting on the General tab Exclude Inactive Tracks? Turn this off. This way EUCON can still see Inactive Tracks and save them, and you use Show Hide to make them blank. Some history on this pref: We added it for the users who have 800 tracks in their sessions and wanted faster performance. Checking this pref completely removes the Inactive Tracks from EUCON...Pro Tools doesn't send them over, EUCON doesn't even know about them anymore. PS No need to be snarky...

kings79 12-06-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2655261)
Have you seen the EuControl setting on the General tab Exclude Inactive Tracks? Turn this off. This way EUCON can still see Inactive Tracks and save them, and you use Show Hide to make them blank. Some history on this pref: We added it for the users who have 800 tracks in their sessions and wanted faster performance. Checking this pref completely removes the Inactive Tracks from EUCON...Pro Tools doesn't send them over, EUCON doesn't even know about them anymore. PS No need to be snarky...

Ok cool. That's good to know.

What about deleted tracks?

Wasn't being snarky mate. That was just a joke. Don't be so sensitive as you can't see my smile.

Thanks Eddie

EddieJones 12-06-2022 02:41 PM

We'll change for next release (after the one next week)