Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Buying Pro Tools for macOS High Sierra. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418320)

kateltecnico 12-23-2021 06:52 AM

Buying Pro Tools for macOS High Sierra.

Hello,

I want to buy an EDU PT subscription to use on my MacBook Pro with macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra to prepare my recording and mixing classes as a teacher. If I buy it right now, from the Avid webstore, would I have access to versions 2018/2019 to be able to run it on my computer? In other words, what versions would be available in my account?

Thanks in advance,

Cataldo.

JFreak 12-23-2021 06:54 AM

Re: Buying Pro Tools for macOS High Sierra.

In principle, your license would say "Pro Tools Perpetual" which opens 12.6 version and later, up until the RELEASE_LIMIT date on your ilok license. You may want to ask for Avid Support for confirmation, but as far as I know, you would be able to grab the version you want from Avid Download Center.

kateltecnico 12-23-2021 07:01 AM

Ok, thank you!

Ben Jenssen 12-23-2021 07:22 AM

Wait a minute!
OP writes 'subscription'. A PT subscription only gives you license to run the latest version. A perpetual license, $599, will give you the right to run v 10,11,12 and up to current. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sardi 12-23-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2623463)
Wait a minute!
OP writes 'subscription'. A PT subscription only gives you license to run the latest version. A perpetual license, $599, will give you the right to run v 10,11,12 and up to current. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely correct on the subscription.

However, I don’t believe new perpetual licenses come with v10/11 anymore. I think that stopped a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicman691 12-24-2021 05:08 AM

By what's mentioned above would the OP still have access to PT 2021.6? I ask that because while unsupported I've been running PT 2021.6 since it dropped on my 2012 cheesegrater under OSX 10.13.6 with no problems that I've experienced. I don't do all that much video except for personal forensic use to cleanup audio in video. And I don't run 100+ track sessions all that much either.

2021.6 wouldn't be available in her account though. Would have to go through the Avid downloads page.

JFreak 12-24-2021 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2623518)
Definitely correct on the subscription.

However, I don’t believe new perpetual licenses come with v10/11 anymore. I think that stopped a while back.

Yes. New perpetual license however works from 12.6 until current version, so long as the current version is released on or before RELEASE_LIMIT date of the license (updated on support plan renewal).

Old license upgraded with this Get Current offer should retain your old licenses too.