Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Protools 8 mpowered registration ? Help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=356789)

Deepstasis 07-22-2014 10:46 AM

Protools 8 mpowered registration ? Help

Greetings all

I recently bought a unregistered new box copy of protools mpowered 8
I'm running it on a dell precision t3400 workstation windows xp
the software runs and detects my delta 1010's

I follow the registration instructions on the card at www.digidesign.com/reg

after entering all the information I get a response saying serial number already registered and in use ?

Has anyone else had this issue ?

thanks

Phillip

bradch00 07-22-2014 11:13 AM

Re: Protools 8 mpowered registration ? Help

My first question is, where did you buy it? Second; Do you have the iLok that is required to run PT MP8?

Deepstasis 07-22-2014 09:55 PM

Hi

Thanks for the reply I did by it off of a seller on ebay who bought it but never used it, when i got it everything was sealed and yes I do have the ilok which was also supposed to be unregistered I'm able to run the software.

I have the product registration card with the info on it I believe its an older ilok a red one.

phil

bradch00 07-23-2014 10:36 AM

Ilok 1 will be fine with M-Powered, but the fact that it says the number is registered is suspect. I don't even know where you would start as far as contacting technical support as M-Audio doesn't support M-Powered anymore. Might try contacting the seller? At least you can run the software.

Bruce Paine 07-23-2014 10:59 AM

Registration is not really necessary since you already have the iLok license. No real benefit to register the product in your case, since it is a second hand purchase. Date of sale is determined by the original sales receipt, which the seller may or may not still have. Like I said, you don't need to register, your iLok license is your product in your case.

If you wish to upgrade your license for Pro Tools M-Powered in the future, like the upgrade/crossgrade from M-Powered to Pro Tools 11, you would need to have that iLok registered to your own iLok user account.

If you think that is something you might want to do, here's what you should do next...
  1. Go to www.iLok.com and download the iLok License Manager for your windows system.
  2. On the homepage of iLok.com, click on the "How To Videos" link and watch the "How to create a Free iLok Account" tutorial.
As long as the iLok has never been registered to another iLok account, you should be able to register your iLok to your iLok account.

Support for Pro Tools M-Powered would be handled by Avid support, not M-Audio. But for an older resold item, you would need to purchase an Avid Support Code to get tech support by phone or email. Of course a lot of support questions can be answered here on the forums.

Deepstasis 07-23-2014 11:19 AM

Wow Thanks

I also use Sonar 8 but I really like the universal feel of protools eventually when I upgrade to a 64 bit windows I do plan to get a newer version

bit for now it works for me

Thanks for the info the I do have a ilok account havn't used it yet but the ilok is unregistered.

Phil

skystudios 03-07-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Paine (Post 2173284)
Registration is not really necessary since you already have the iLok license. No real benefit to register the product in your case, since it is a second hand purchase. Date of sale is determined by the original sales receipt, which the seller may or may not still have. Like I said, you don't need to register, your iLok license is your product in your case.

If you wish to upgrade your license for Pro Tools M-Powered in the future, like the upgrade/crossgrade from M-Powered to Pro Tools 11, you would need to have that iLok registered to your own iLok user account.

If you think that is something you might want to do, here's what you should do next...
  1. Go to www.iLok.com and download the iLok License Manager for your windows system.
  2. On the homepage of iLok.com, click on the "How To Videos" link and watch the "How to create a Free iLok Account" tutorial.
As long as the iLok has never been registered to another iLok account, you should be able to register your iLok to your iLok account.

Support for Pro Tools M-Powered would be handled by Avid support, not M-Audio. But for an older resold item, you would need to purchase an Avid Support Code to get tech support by phone or email. Of course a lot of support questions can be answered here on the forums.

Hi

I just found this thread while looking into my old M-Audio iok key as well, I have not used Pro Tools for so long that my ilok id was in a gmail account I closed, we are talking older gmail account now, like when no one knew google was going to be part of a big tech industry plan., I can see the ilok USB key in my ilok app but it says it belongs to someone else., transferable yes.

Anyway I verified the correct gmail I had used while trying to recover the password on the ilok website, I know it was it because I tried a few other emails and it stated they where not recognised, so I opened a support ticket about it, so lets see what ilok does. ;)

albee1952 03-07-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skystudios (Post 2595254)
Hi

I just found this thread while looking into my old M-Audio iok key as well, I have not used Pro Tools for so long that my ilok id was in a gmail account I closed, we are talking older gmail account now, like when no one knew google was going to be part of a big tech industry plan., I can see the ilok USB key in my ilok app but it says it belongs to someone else., transferable yes.

Anyway I verified the correct gmail I had used while trying to recover the password on the ilok website, I know it was it because I tried a few other emails and it stated they where not recognised, so I opened a support ticket about it, so lets see what ilok does. ;)

This is not likely to help much as version 8 won't work on any current OS(Mac or PC), nor will the older key-shaped iLok. If you need Pro Tools on a current computer, get PT First(for free) or buy a license for the regular version of Pro Tools(not "Ultimate"). Most of us here feel that PT First is mostly a waste of time. If you just want to have fun doing some recording, then I would look at other options like Reaper, Cakewalk by Bandcamp(formerly SONAR) or Logic(Mac only).