Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   likely hood of support for Behringer BCF 2000? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=99011)

martian 03-02-2004 12:54 AM

likely hood of support for Behringer BCF 2000?

very interested to see this little budget beauty..

http://www.behringer.com/02_products...F2000&lang=ENG

If they have HUI support then it's gonna be seriously cheap fader party over at the PT LE camp!!

Just as I was about to put down the cash on a Mackie too!

They'd have to be mad not to support HUI right?

MRRP US$ 249 is already quite mad so I'm not too sure...

where02190 03-02-2004 05:49 AM

Re: likely hood of support for Behringer BCF 2000?

Personally I wouldn't invest 2 cents in anything Behringer makes, it's all junk.

martian 03-02-2004 07:34 AM

Value for money in the 2 cents dept there!!

Could you be more specific about your experiences?

For instance A friend of mine who does a lot of Foley has the Behringer mixer and seems very happy with it. Mind you he likes sonar as well.

Faders aren't really part of the recording so quality of sound won't be affected?

Must admit I do wonder how it can be so cheap.... But then again more money for other stuff?

where02190 03-02-2004 04:30 PM

Behringer stuff sounds like crap, is built like crap, and they have zero quality control. Cheap, 4th rate knockoff designs with the cheapest of parts and even cheaper slave labor building it.

dubaifox 03-02-2004 08:11 PM

Just to give a little background Martian, anytime Behringer is mentioned in any Post, Where02190 comes in ands says the above. He has apparently had a few bad expereinces with it, and is on a mission to dis the product line wherever he can, so take his comments with a grain of salt.

Some people like Behringer stuff. If you have read much on the DUC though, we all know that Where02190 does not.

JFreak 03-03-2004 02:54 AM

where is not the only one who dislikes behringer. i also share the opinion, based on the simple fact that my every single experience with the brand has been a bad one, sound-quality-wise. behringers might work as live gear where there's plenty of dirt in sound anyway, but in studio setup, no ****** way.

the fader back, however, interests me too.

dubaifox 03-03-2004 03:56 AM

Fair enough. I have never tried the Behringer stuff so I can't speak for it.

You sometimes sense that somebody is using the DUC to lash out at a vendor or product line, when they REPEATEDLY say the same thing over and over on every post. Do a search for Behringer and you will see this argument from him everytime. Same with Monster Cable and Same with Mackie 824's.

WE KNOW YOU HATE THESE PRODUCTS WHERE!!

Martian's question for Where was, "Can you be more specefic with your experiences?

Where's reply:

"Behringer stuff sounds like crap, is built like crap, and they have zero quality control. Cheap, 4th rate knockoff designs with the cheapest of parts and even cheaper slave labor building it."

No mention of any experience with the product.This is just slander in my opinion. Not helpful info and he says the same thing everytime.

stoogee 03-03-2004 04:15 AM

Well I quite like the look of this product.

Being an ex-002 user I might consider it for my 002R.

Its still not an 002, but its cheap and could be quite useful.

SG

brinaddison 03-03-2004 09:36 AM

Where, it's time to change that skipping CD. Or in your case.............that broken 78!

We do get tired of your same ol' negative story about certain product manufacturers. All I can say is some people only have the budget for Behringer, so don't ruin there day by an outright slam of the product without backing your statements. Yes we know what your experiences have been but I don't think the poster has any preconceived ideas about you or Behringer. So if you do not want to elaborate, then rather say nothing and move on. You think you're being helpfull but you're just getting in the way of true progress and experimentation.

The best way to learn is to TRY! If we learned everything, from what Where tells us, then we'd be half way there and unable to improvise.

For all the wize things you (Where) have to say about supperior gear...yada,yada,yada.......you're still in 001 land buddy and I've heard the tracks posted on your website. Sounds like Behringer could do no harm.

GORILLA 03-03-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Where, it's time to change that skipping CD. Or in your case.............that broken 78!
For all the wize things you (Where) have to say about supperior gear...yada,yada,yada.......you're still in 001 land buddy and I've heard the tracks posted on your website. Sounds like Behringer could do no harm.

L.M.A.O.