Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Yet another bug AAE error 9480 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=356563)

adrianrobison 07-15-2014 09:14 PM

Yet another bug AAE error 9480

My Setup:
Late 2013 MBP Retina 15” maxed out. HDX in TB2 Sonnet Echo Express 3 with HD I/O

Grouped all, made some edits, basically just rearranged the song. I’ve got audio, aux, master, and instrument tracks going on. Pressed spacebar to playback the audio and got a AAE error 9480. Searched online and couldnt find this error explained anywhere, not even on Avid’s site. It only occurs on the part of the audio that I sliced (in my case the song’s outro). Everything before it plays just fine.

Anyone know what this is?

Also, I’ve owned HDX for about a month now and have noticed that it has so many bugs. This is very disappointing considering it is their flagship model. But hey, I’m trying to be part of the solution, not part of the problem so I’ll keep posting these errors as they come.

Stig Eliassen 07-16-2014 06:17 AM

Re: Yet another bug AAE error 9480

Sorry to hear about your issues with PT 11, but I'm glad you're reporting this in a constructive manner. That's what we need around here to move forward.

Which version of PT is this? Was it an edit group or a clip group?

Avid Knowledge Base #1

Avid Knowledge Base #2

Maybe those articles above can help in your search for a solution.

adrianrobison 07-16-2014 12:58 PM

The version of Pro Tools was v 11.2 (the most current as of today) along with Mac OS 10.9.2. I was using edit groups, not clip groups. My solution that I found worked best was to close the session and reopen an older version of the session. After making those same song arrangement edits, the error did not come back. I did not shut down Pro Tools or the computer before reopening a session.

Stig Eliassen 07-16-2014 03:50 PM

I see.

Thanks for the update. Let us know if this happens again.

derekvh 08-21-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stig Eliassen (Post 2171862)
I see.

Thanks for the update. Let us know if this happens again.

I found this when i get AAF files from the Picture department that have bad fades like the entire file has a fade -When I throw the file out or delete it off the timeline all is well. i wasnt able to adjust the fade so i had them resend the file.

Will Hicks 02-15-2017 03:54 PM

im getting this. most recent version of pt 12

alfst28 03-05-2017 10:00 AM

I see this is quite a dated thread but, I've just got this error in the same way as the original contributor.

After going through some 80 active audio tracks (lots of auxes too), I've noticed a couple of spliced fades that were cut when I took a chunk of the song out for the rearranging purposes. It's a whole-band-together type of tracking so the kick is not exactly on the grid line. In any event, some fades left overs were just sitting there and after removed from the timeline, the error is gone.

No need to reopen the session.