Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   DAE /PLAYBACK ISSUE -unsatisfied customer! HELP (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=140204)

DRD32 06-24-2005 07:36 AM

DAE /PLAYBACK ISSUE -unsatisfied customer! HELP

HELLO FOLKS,

First off, I do enjoy what Pro tools has to offer but as of late, I want to throw my DIGI 002R right out the window!

PROBLEM #1,
We have had our DIGI 002R for less than a year, and the power harness goes out for no reason.
If your mute light stays on with no other yellow lights, that means your harness went out.
From my research it is a very common problem, yet Digi to my knowledge hasn't recalled the product or announced the issue to the public. However, they do resolve the problem and overnight mail you the piece.

PROBLEM #2,
I am recieving the following problem:
"DAE, cant get audio from the disk fast enough. your disk may be too slow or too fragmented. a firewire disk may be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or cpu load."

IF ANYONE CAN HELP with #2, please post, we really need our studio up and running asap....

Obviously I am a tadbit disgruntled, more frustrated than anything, $1,500 didn't even last half a year with no problems..hahahah wow,

signed,
please help

THANK YOU ALL.

networker 06-24-2005 07:50 AM

Re: DAE /PLAYBACK ISSUE -unsatisfied customer! HELP

Hopefully you are not putting sessions on your system drive, or you have tried a different firewire drive?

DRD32 06-24-2005 07:51 AM

Re: DAE /PLAYBACK ISSUE -unsatisfied customer! HE

UH O, why do u say that...lol

they are all on my hard drive

DigiTechSupt 06-24-2005 08:27 AM

What is the error number in the message?

Also, please provide a complete system profile - computer model, OS version, PT version, attached peripherals and any other pertinent info.

It is strongly recommended that you not use your system drive for recording and playing back Pro Tools sessions.

minister 06-24-2005 08:31 AM

Quote:

PROBLEM #2,
I am recieving the following problem:
"DAE, cant get audio from the disk fast enough. your disk may be too slow or too fragmented. a firewire disk may be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or cpu load."

i spent more than you did and i occasionally get these problems. but you can remedy it. maybe if you gave more information, people could help you better. how big are your sessions??? does it happen with all sessions? what OS and PT versions are you running? what kind of FW drive is it? is it full? do you have disk warrior? have you tried all the maintenance things in the DIGI trouble shooting? repaired disk permissions? cleared everything off the drive and re-formatted according to DIG specs.

before you defenestrate your audio interface, you may want to do a bit more with your system to make sure it is running smoothly.

DRD32 06-24-2005 10:38 AM

Thanks for responding,
here is all the info that I came up with
. error # is (-9073)
. HP pavillion
. version 5.12600
. build 2600
. windows xp
. pentium 4
. 2.8 GHZ
. 512 MB physical memory'
. system model # DQ099A-ABA-A340N
. Standard internal firewire drive ( we do not know the brandname)

If you got any pointers, please respond.

Should we be saving our pro tools sessions to a portable hard drive?

Eric L 06-24-2005 10:46 AM

[QUOTE]
Quote:

PROBLEM #2,
before you defenestrate your audio interface, you may want to do a bit more with your system to make sure it is running smoothly.

Cool word!
de·fen·es·trate P Pronunciation Key (de-fen-i-strat)
tr.v. de·fen·es·trat·ed, de·fen·es·trat·ing, de·fen·es·trates
To throw out of a window.

I missed that one on the SAT verbal section. I learned something new today. I love this forum.

Stu Venable 06-24-2005 12:43 PM

Usually, *internal* hard drives are IDE, EIDE, SCSI, etc. -- but not Firewire.

Protools (as well as most other recording software I've used) works better and faster if you have a dedicated drive for audio files. Especially with a big session.

Stu

Greg M 06-24-2005 11:39 PM

DRD32,

I was recently having this same problem (same error message and error code). My hard drive was going bad. It hadn't completely failed yet, but was on it's way out. I replaced the drive and the errors stopped.

Hope this helps,

Greg

DRD32 06-25-2005 01:17 AM

thank you all for your help...

i have since attached a external HD and moved sessions over to it...However, we have two big sessions on our computers HD and they still can't be opened...