Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Loop Playback Not Working (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=267908)

Nathan W. 02-24-2010 10:51 AM

Loop Playback Not Working

Trying to loop a piece of audio and it's not looping, can't figure out why even though playback loop is enabled? PT 8.0.3 HD here...

backinthelab 02-24-2010 10:53 AM

Re: Loop Playback Not Working

Do you have quickpunch recording enabled?

If so, try turning this off and see if that sorts it.

GS-DK 02-24-2010 11:07 AM

+1.....I had the "problem" yesterday":o

formfunction 02-25-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan W. (Post 1561083)
Trying to loop a piece of audio and it's not looping, can't figure out why even though playback loop is enabled? PT 8.0.3 HD here...

Are any of your tracks record armed? this cancels loop playback. ff

Nathan W. 02-26-2010 10:21 AM

That did it. Did not know that record arming would cancel loop playback, that's a confusing feature. They should just not allow you to go into loop playback mode when you're arming tracks. Don't understand the logic of this...could someone please explain? lol

Nathan W. 02-26-2010 10:27 AM

Actually I've got a track record enabled in my session with playback loop working? This is weird, not understanding when it works and when it doesn't work. I DO notice that certain highlighted lengths (particularly small sections) of audio will not playback loop. Haven't looked in the manual but I'm guessing there's a minimum playback highlighted loop length, like you can't loop anything under a half a second or something.

Nathan W. 02-26-2010 10:31 AM

Just did a test, you can loop playback 15 frames maximum, maximum is half of a second you can loop playback.

Drew Mazurek 02-26-2010 10:35 AM

It depends on whether Quickpunch is on or not, not if a track is armed or not.

Search the pdf manual for Quickpunch.

Nathan W. 02-26-2010 10:36 AM

Sorry for the posts: Figured it out, it's TRACK PUNCH MODE, does NOT allow you to loop playback. THAT's confusing. When going into track punch mode they should disable loop playback mode in future versions of ProTools or at least provide some indicator so you know loop playback isn't broken. lol

Drew Mazurek 02-26-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan W. (Post 1562607)
Sorry for the posts: Figured it out, it's TRACK PUNCH MODE, does NOT allow you to loop playback. THAT's confusing. When going into track punch mode they should disable loop playback mode in future versions of ProTools or at least provide some indicator so you know loop playback isn't broken. lol

Neither does Quickpunch.

TrackPunch is a special mode used by Film Dubbers and should IMO never even be turned on in the music session.