Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

Cowboy Bob 01-25-2014 12:03 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2125626)
Sorry it was such a hassle to install. Glad to hear that it's working well for you now. What version of Windows are you on?

Jeffro - I am on Win 7 Pro sp1.

Yeah I have no idea what was going on. I failed to mention earlier that I tried to install both with Webroot running and with it disable. The final installation was with it ON.

Like I said, I have had ZERO issues with my ProTools sessions, so I was extremely puzzled.

Thanks for being here and gathering info.

jeffro 01-25-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob (Post 2125629)
Jeffro - I am on Win 7 Pro sp1.

Yeah I have no idea what was going on. I failed to mention earlier that I tried to install both with Webroot running and with it disable. The final installation was with it ON.

Like I said, I have had ZERO issues with my ProTools sessions, so I was extremely puzzled.

Thanks for being here and gathering info.

You bet. Thanks for the additional info. I just set up a Win 7 Pro desktop in the office recently so will check this out on that machine when I'm in the office this coming week.

Sam C 01-25-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2125619)
Please provide details on the problem you are experiencing and we'll do our best to help.

Eleven Rack Editor uses some of the components/code from Pro Tools 11. So while an iLok/license is not required, it does need the iLok License Manager software installed. This should actually be done by the Eleven Rack Editor installer, but if that is not working properly we need to investigate why. It can be downloaded (free) from https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deansy (Post 2125433)
What a nightmare!! All of this for an editor! If this is a standalone editor, why does it need Pace? Sorry but I can't help just point out how terrible this make the Eleven Rack look compared with every other effect device in the hundred dollars range and above. They all come with editors that don't seem to have all these requirement and restrictions. Screw that, I have never ever been able to edit any effect processor from its own front control panel as fast as I can the Eleven Rack. I still appreciate the effort I'm glad to feel that the product isn't abandoned, but no editor for me. I hope Avid will finally realize that Eleven Rack Platform isn't dead and even if they don't create an expansion pack because the current chip has no juice left, an Eleven Rack II with an updated processor and more amps, will be a great seller and possibly a platform for more paid expansion packs/amp store etc.

Forget about it jeffro....after I commented he mentioned he hadn't even downloaded the app and wasn't going to. Go figure, huh??

musicman691 01-26-2014 04:45 AM

After further use with the editor I have to sat thanks to Avid. Yes it is dark but it looks the same as the old built-in editor in PT10; ditto for the size although it would be nice if it could be made bigger. Something I noticed as regards the darkness is the background has a lot to do with that. Dark background like a dark desktop at least for me makes the 11R gui seem darker than it is. Not so bad with PT11 open as the background. Glossy screen on my iMac isn't helping either. But this is just my setup and others will be different.

DAR Fritz 01-26-2014 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2125828)
After further use with the editor I have to sat thanks to Avid. Yes it is dark but it looks the same as the old built-in editor in PT10; ditto for the size although it would be nice if it could be made bigger. Something I noticed as regards the darkness is the background has a lot to do with that. Dark background like a dark desktop at least for me makes the 11R gui seem darker than it is. Not so bad with PT11 open as the background. Glossy screen on my iMac isn't helping either. But this is just my setup and others will be different.

I agree. Been using it now and it's working great. Nice to have it work with Logic X. Thanks Avid!!!

PatriotsBiker 01-26-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2125505)
I only have one real negative to say about the editor and it's more in the line of why didn't Avid do this: they already have in PT11 a menu entry like in PT10 to open the editor except in PT11 it's greyed out. I'd say enable the menu entry to open the standalone editor.

Does anyone know if Avid has plans to make the editor accessible from inside PT-11 (and beyond)? I could have sworn that I read that this was going to be part of the release a couple of weeks ago. Alas, age could be setting in. :confused:

nickjm 01-26-2014 08:34 AM

Why is the download link not working for me??

I fill out the registration info, click the "submit button, then I click the "Eleven Rack Editor Installers" link and it takes me right back to the registration page without starting a download or giving me a list of installers to choose from.

Talk about frustrating…

EDIT:

Wow… So it was simply an issue of using Safari. I tried Firefox and it is now working. Dumb problem.

Righty27 01-26-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickjm (Post 2125880)
Why is the download link not working for me??

I fill out the registration info, click the "submit button, then I click the "Eleven Rack Editor Installers" link and it takes me right back to the registration page without starting a download or giving me a list of installers to choose from.

Talk about frustrating…

EDIT:

Wow… So it was simply an issue of using Safari. I tried Firefox and it is now working. Dumb problem.

Sometimes, clicking on the download link in Safari will open a new window with Avid's 'download manager' ... just click download here and it should work without requiring an alternative browser :)

nickjm 01-26-2014 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Righty27 (Post 2125888)
Sometimes, clicking on the download link in Safari will open a new window with Avid's 'download manager' ... just click download here and it should work without requiring an alternative browser :)

I just tried again with Safari out of curiosity. Now instead of looping me back to the registration page, it is just looping this page over and over when I click the "Eleven Rack Editor Installers" link. Firefox, on the other hand, launched the download manager immediately upon clicking the link. Oh well...

YYR123 01-26-2014 11:16 AM

That happened to me as well - I rebooted and it worked as normal