Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How many buses should I have in LE 8? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=282869)

[email protected] 09-25-2010 10:08 AM

How many buses should I have in LE 8?

It looks like I only have 16 but I read that I should have more. Can I change interface outs to buses?

marcioguitar 09-25-2010 10:12 AM

Re: How many buses should I have in LE 8?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 1673230)
It looks like I only have 16 but I read that I should have more. Can I change interface outs to buses?

In order to expand it you have 2 options:

- Buy the Music Production Kit and expand it to 32 busses (still a joke) 0r

- Buy the Complete Music Production Kit and expand it to 128 busses ( more reasonable, except the price)

Keybeeetsss 09-25-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcioguitar (Post 1673232)
In order to expand it you have 2 options:

- Buy the Music Production Kit and expand it to 32 busses (still a joke) 0r

Thatz not correct; Its already 32 busses; 16 stereo...

Yes u can use the interface OUTS as busses but u can't change them per se'...

albee1952 09-25-2010 01:11 PM

What KB said. The reason you only see 16 in the IO setup page is simply that this is the default setting. If the 16 buses are stereo, they all have 2xMono sub-paths. You are free to reset the buses for your needs. For instance, I usually need a dozen stereo and a dozen mono(total of 32) so I leave the first 12(of the default 16), select and delete the last 4 stereo buses and add 12 mono buses. I also double-click and rename many as I have standard procedures for lots of my mix work. Learn how the IO setup pages work and you will likely find lots of customizing that will help your work flow. As for 32 buses being a joke, what did you ever do on an analog desk that had 12.....or 8.....or 4:eek::eek::eek:?(not saying that YOU don't need 100 buses, but plenty of us get by with less than the 32 we have available).

L-Dogg 09-25-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952
I also double-click and rename many as I have standard procedures for lots of my mix work.

albee1952, not to change the subject, but on that renaming.......I watched the tutorials at Customer Assist just for no reason...see if I could learn anything, and in it he renames his input's. He instructs to Rt Click on the input and rename it.

So, wanting to rename my inputs on a session to AT4033 and AKG, I went and ctrl-clicked on the input button but got no Rename Option. So I went to I/O and command-clicked on the button and got the name yellowed out, renamed it but when I hit save changes or whatever, it just defaulted back.

Why can't I rename my inputs and outputs? Is this also something that requires the CPTK.....or what am I doing wrong? Sorry badertime.

EDIT: Never mind, got it! I have to export the settings. It looked so cool and easy on the tutorial....Rt click done. Don't know why I cannot do that?