Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

ptrbas 01-15-2003 05:19 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Captain,

I like your singing very much! And your 'mellow' approach of the song suits very well.
I don't hear any satire, in this song.

pieter

Scoobster 01-15-2003 05:55 PM

Good Captain

Enjoyed "Light" kinda ethereal? I've tried to place my finger on who it sounds similar to but the brain won't release the name. I don't have anything to add critically wise that hasn't already been said.

Keep up the writing, thanks for sharing.

bi0force1 01-15-2003 09:02 PM

ok, i made a new song tonight.

once again the vox suck (on both mixes posted) but the 2nd one is a litter louder and better in my opinion. for some reason they sound great in my headphone but suck as an MP3 on my comp speakers. i still have no bass but thats nothing compared to the bad vox.

anyways, the song is called "whispers and dreams" (i must have a dream fetish) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] WHISPERS AND DREAMS

Roy Howell 01-15-2003 09:59 PM

That's pretty, Bi0... there's something kind of haunting about it, and I really like the overall feel. You know, if the timing were just a little tighter, I think it would really make a big difference. For your percussion, do you basically set up a pattern and play to it? Or do you Midi it, and then quantize?
Oh, also, I think your voice sounds really good and should be more up front. If there's a line or part that bothers you, just redo it til you're happy...
Sounds to me like it's getting better and better... keep it up, Sir Bi0... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

MilesWonderland 01-16-2003 12:02 AM

Cool stuff so far...

here's my first 001 release.

Peace

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/521/...r_mendoza.html

jgehring 01-16-2003 12:43 AM

Thanks kdotson; the sound in the beginning is my bass player punching me in the twig n' berries during a vocal take but it was funny so we stuck it in there.

Nothing tricky about the guitars, just a 57 on a mid-70s JCM800 bottom powered by a 100W Rivera Knucklehead. The guitar was a 94 American Standard w/ a Seymor Duncan Invader in the bridge.

bi0force1 01-16-2003 03:19 AM

thanks roy, for the drums i find what "set" i want to use on my drums machine set the tempo and hit play, it does the rest.....my accoustic is what drags the timing off, i tried to keep up w/ the fingerpicking (and i can go faster) but its sounds like its being draged out the faster i go.

my friend says the vox arent to bad, maybe it's just me....im actually a perfectionist and im never happy w/ anything i put out.

well, thanks again for the listen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 01-16-2003 10:53 AM

I apologize for posting a song outside this thread, and won't do it again, but I did want some feedback on my Strat from some who don't frequent this thread like the rest of us here.
That said, I am about to catch up on my listening here, and I can't wait... sometimes it's just hard to find time, as you guys know.

Thanks, Roy

Captain_Pants 01-16-2003 02:20 PM

bio, im appauled, I didnt even get the courteous first listen? Sinner.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Well, AFTER I downloaded it, and checked it out. I thought it was a good song. Like Roy said, maybe just tighten up timing a bit, and for me personally, Id slap a 1-band on the vox, and drop some of the lows, so it doesnt mud up the vox that much. But, you know what I say, If you like it, then dont change it for me.

=-CP.

Captain_Pants 01-16-2003 02:27 PM

Ptrbas, Thank you for listening to that. I enjoyed creating it as well. I was surprised how easy it all came together. The hardest part was the "staccato" as Roy said I beleive. It sounds like a synth, and took about an hour of solid work to lay down that one track, which is like 30 seconds long. But, Im determined to get my ovation on EVERY song. Thanks Again!

Scoobster
When you come up with the name, please let me know, I am curous as well. I am hoping to not sound too much like anybody, but you can never truely avoid that, especially when other people make the decision of what it sounds like outside of my own opinion! Thanks for checking it out! I really appreciate it man!
=-Ben