Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Stratus 3D GUI lag (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422398)

Frank Kruse 11-10-2022 12:01 AM

Stratus 3D GUI lag

Hi,

I've recently installed Stratus v3.1.0.0 after IZ's announcement that Phoenix will die. Apart from the HUUUUUGE window size I am experiencing a massive GUI lag as soon as Stratus' interface is open. The entire PT timeline feels like a tar pit and adjusting parameters is really jumpy. As soon as I close Stratus everything is back to normal. It's really almost unusable unless you set everything while being stopped.
System usage is super-low when this happens.
Colleagues have confirmed this on 3 different machines which includes a MacStudio Ultra.

So I'm thinking of downgrading and going back to Phoenix or install the last Stratus version before they changed the design. Or is it the same on the older version?

Thanks!

Frank.

marsian 11-10-2022 06:11 AM

Re: Stratus 3D GUI lag

Hi Frank,

same problem here.

Frank Kruse 11-10-2022 06:14 AM

I went back to v3.0.0n (the old grey design) and everything is back to being normal. No more lag. And timeline runs smooth now.

Could be a Monterey thing but a friend is seeing it on an M1 mini under Big Sur too.

F.

smurfyou 11-10-2022 09:35 AM

I'm using v3 that's Grey and it's performing normally. Didn't realize there was an updated version.

Frank Kruse 11-10-2022 10:03 AM

Yeah, it's the new intel/silicon update that came out after they announced Phoenix would fade away.
Black interface v3.1.

its2loud 11-10-2022 10:29 AM

Hey Frank,

I'm not experience this lag and I'm on an M1 Mac Mini. PT2022.10. OS 12.6. Not a huge session but not seeing anything wonky here. I do agree that the GUI interface is HUGE. Probably doesn't help. Did you try trashing Prefs? Reinstalling the plug? Symphony 3D has a similar interface. Any issues with that?

Frank Kruse 11-10-2022 11:22 AM

Hi,

I did not bother as I had 3 people I know confirm the same thing on various different machines (plus another above) so I didn't mess around any further. I also contacted IZ support yesterday but no response yet. I'll see what they say...

There was one other guy who had no issues on BS on an Intel machine.

Not sure what they all have in common.

I don't use Symphony on this project so I didn't bother to install.

But I'm OK now. v3.0 seems to work fine.

sonichead 11-10-2022 04:31 PM

Same problem for me.

P_J 11-11-2022 04:20 AM

+1. Same problem. M1/Monterey 12.6.1/PT 2022.10.

nhaudio 11-29-2022 11:57 AM

I'm seeing other graphic issues with the latest installer, namely:

1) Missing ">>" in the presets window, so you can't see more than one page of presets (assuming you have more than will fit on one page).

2) Envelope Slope and Early Slope control changes don't change the colour of the graphic reverb display bars. The manual says "Hint: Notice the red color on the graphic above. The redder it is, the more high frequencies have been removed." but I'm not getting any change.

For the life of me, I can't find the previous installer in my files, or downloadable online. I've opened a support ticket, hoping to at least access the previous version, but no response yet. I assume they're swamped with install/authorization issues after weekend sales.