Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

bi0force1 08-07-2002 11:14 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

my friends is one of the best songs ive heard posted here. great song!!!

Captain_Pants 08-08-2002 03:09 PM

Hey guys and gals. I gotta new tune to post here. Its located here at this page.

The song is the 3rd or 4th song down, its called:
"Snowman waiting for the sun." I guess it is supposed to convey the feeling of hopelessness, like no matter what you do, your days are numbered. Perhaps hopelessness is the wrong word, maybe im looking for the word fate.
I dont know why, but thats the particular feeling I got from it. As many of you know, my stuff tends to be long. And this song is long. I will let you know that once you get to about 5:30 in the song, there really isnt much more to here, even though its 6:30. I was in the feeling, had my eyes closed, and just played the electric guitar for an extra minute or so. I could have cut it off, but I chose to keep it. Please, let me know what you think. This is a slow song, not a fast one. And its mostly acoustic, not 'too' much electric stuff.

Acoustic guitar
Electric guitar
Wurly
Simulated Grand Piano.

Thanks.
=-Ben

nathanstack 08-08-2002 08:57 PM

Hi everyone. Let me introduce myself. My name is Nathan Stack, and I just released my first independent CD, "Shooting the Decoy." Though I've been writing and recording demos of rock/pop music for years, this marks my first real release (although it was not done through a label; it's 100% independent).

I describe my music as intelligent yet accessible rock/pop. I wrote, played, sang and recorded everything on the album, and I did it using a Digi001 on a PC. This album was actually the first thing I ever recorded using Pro Tools. I went straight from the cheapest cassette four-track on the market to Pro Tools, which is quite a learning curve. Because this was the first project I ever did with Pro Tools, the sound quality is hardly flawless, but compared with my four-track demos, it sounds wonderful.

Anyway, enough talking about it. I'd love it if you all would give it a listen. Here are some links.

My official site
My mp3.com page
My mailing list

You can listen to all the songs from the album in their entirety on my mp3.com page. You can learn a lot more about me and my music at my official site, and you're all welcome to join my mailing list. A warning: The clips on mp3.com are not as high a quality as the CD.

If you listen to my stuff, you're welcome to tell me what you think. Just email me at [email protected] .

I hope you enjoy it.

Nathan

Dr.John 08-09-2002 10:23 AM

Hey we have a new tune out:

"Take by Take"

All PTLE...any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Take by Take

bi0force1 08-09-2002 11:38 AM

hey doc, take by take is a catchy song,i like it.

i think it was mixed together perfectly

Dr.John 08-09-2002 01:15 PM

Thanks guy! Glad you liked it!

Dr.John

Plastik909 08-09-2002 01:31 PM

PK and Mark,
I value the opinions of people on this board highly. Thanks for the feedback !

badperson 08-10-2002 01:25 PM

okay, no one listened to this before, but maybe I'll have better luck next time.

Check out Billie's bounce.

This is two overdubbed guitar parts. The accompaniment track was a Gibson L4, a Fender super reverb with an sm 57 right at the speaker.

The lead track was the same guitar, polytone mini brute, sm57 right at the speaker, AKG C1000s a foot or so from the neck of the guitar.

There's about an 8 second delay before the song starts.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/jaso...burg_music.htm [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Mr_Seven 08-10-2002 01:55 PM

Well, it's been a while since I've posted so here's a little ballad that I wrote and produced. Thanks to Al Cofre for the vocals and guitar.

As always interested in comments regarding the engineering and whatever else!

In Tune (mp3, 160bitrate)

BigRedButton 08-10-2002 05:08 PM

All right folks,

It's been a little while for me as well. Hey, gimmie a break, I've been busy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Here's the link to my MP3 page:
Trixie Studios MP3s

There are three new MP3s from the Vital Factor sessions I just wrapped up as well as some older stuff.

Please let me know what you think of the production on VF stuff. Yes, that's me singing and playing drums, but this is not my band, and these are not my songs.

Thanks!