Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   MBOX Studio (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Pro Tools Studio software missing (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422649)

Chris August 11-30-2022 02:25 PM

Pro Tools Studio software missing

Hey! I just got my mbox studio today and after registering, everything is showing up in 'my products' except the Pro Tools Studio software. Is there something else I'm needing to do to redeem that?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris August 11-30-2022 02:29 PM

Re: Pro Tools Studio software missing

Also, I should mention that I have a PT Ultimate perpetual product in my account. I usually pay the $399 a year so I can stay current on updates, but I timed this out because I saw that this unit came with 1 year of PT Studio.

Darryl Ramm 11-30-2022 02:45 PM

Is there a subscription license in you iLok account? I'd check if its been put there even if you are not seeing other stuff.

It comes with a one year PT Studio subscription, hopefully getting off your Ultimate perpetual updates does not burn you in future if Avid yet again drops upgrade availability. Or maybe you can sell the Ultimate license if studio is enough?

Chris August 11-30-2022 02:57 PM

So it wasn't in my products or in my iLok account then I decided to randomly open Avid Link just to see if it was in there. At first I didn't see it, then as I scrolled all the way to the bottom, I saw it said "1 year subscription to Pro Tools Studio" and had a button to redeem it.

I read every thing that came with the unit and even watched the videos they made to see if I missed something and it never showed how to do redeem it or that you would even need to redeem it.

I'm good to go now.

Also, thanks Darryl for always helping out!

Trekas 01-29-2023 09:48 AM

I having the same issue. I can’t find the pro tools subscription anywhere.

junkgear 01-30-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trekas (Post 2660247)
I having the same issue. I can’t find the pro tools subscription anywhere.

So you registered your MBox Studio successfully and you do not see Pro Tools Studio as an available product?
Did you open Avid Link and check in the Your Products section? Like the other user mentioned, it may be at the bottom of the list.

JDubz70 01-30-2023 11:34 AM

If you chose not to activate it yet during the initial activation process it's probably in the "Products Not Yet Downloaded" folder. The link is in the "My Products" section of MyAvid.com

Bubbalou88 01-30-2023 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris August (Post 2654658)
So it wasn't in my products or in my iLok account then I decided to randomly open Avid Link just to see if it was in there. At first I didn't see it, then as I scrolled all the way to the bottom, I saw it said "1 year subscription to Pro Tools Studio" and had a button to redeem it.

I read every thing that came with the unit and even watched the videos they made to see if I missed something and it never showed how to do redeem it or that you would even need to redeem it.

I'm good to go now.

Also, thanks Darryl for always helping out!

Same thing happened to me last night. Eventually found it.

Bubbalou88 01-30-2023 07:31 PM

I believe that is where I found mine last night