Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Source Nexus noise bursts on closing session (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422558)

chrisVVS 11-25-2022 02:16 AM

Source Nexus noise bursts on closing session

Here's an unusual one someone might have experience of.
I use Source Connect to connect to other studios for voiceovers. I use Source Nexus to route Source Connect, Zoom, Teams, Cleanfeed etc into Pro Tools. When I close the session I get a huge blast of noise.
I spoke to the people at Source Elements, who told me that it was because the Nexus plug-in closes down before Pro Tools does, causing a feedback loop for an instant before the session closes. I can confirm this - if I open the session without the Source Nexus iLok (meaning it won't open when Pro Tools opens) then I get the same feedback.
Great. I understand why. But why is nobody else experiencing it apart from me? Any clues?

The Weed 11-25-2022 10:49 AM

Re: Source Nexus noise bursts on closing session

I can't answer your question directly, but maybe you could try the trial from www.gingeraudio.com and see if it does the same thing.

audiobob 11-25-2022 11:11 AM

I've owned SN for over a year doing the same type of work and never had this issue. Are you on Mac or Widows. What interface are you using?

mattrixx 11-25-2022 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisVVS (Post 2654101)
Here's an unusual one someone might have experience of.
I use Source Connect to connect to other studios for voiceovers. I use Source Nexus to route Source Connect, Zoom, Teams, Cleanfeed etc into Pro Tools. When I close the session I get a huge blast of noise.
I spoke to the people at Source Elements, who told me that it was because the Nexus plug-in closes down before Pro Tools does, causing a feedback loop for an instant before the session closes. I can confirm this - if I open the session without the Source Nexus iLok (meaning it won't open when Pro Tools opens) then I get the same feedback.
Great. I understand why. But why is nobody else experiencing it apart from me? Any clues?

I'm using SN in the same way and have all of the SN tracks in a routing folder and mute that when it's not ins use.

chrisVVS 11-28-2022 07:20 AM

Thanks all. I'm using a Rubix 44, but it happens wth all my otjer interfaces too. I've spoken to the people at SC and they've got my template, but I'm still trying to work this out.
I've attached a link to a short video of my entire template showing what heppens when I activate and deactivate the talkback track feeding the sends -

https://dropover.cloud/e46982

sw rec 11-28-2022 07:30 AM

Mute the output before you close it?

its2loud 11-28-2022 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You don’t need these extra Auxes. They’re redundant and not necessary.

Create your sends from the original input tracks as the arrows point back to in the photo.

chrisVVS 11-28-2022 08:49 AM

You're suggesting that I put the sends on the SC I/O tracks instead?

chrisVVS 11-28-2022 09:08 AM

Moving the sends to the IO tracks gives the same result as leaving them on the AUX tracks but it's more convenient to be able to change level from the track I'm listening on. Can anyone see an advantage to putting the sends on the IO tracks? Also, SC support have told me 'It makes sense that the feedback is caused by the talkback channel routing setup. so I'm hoping someone can help. Could anyone provide their template..?

its2loud 11-28-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisVVS (Post 2654365)
Moving the sends to the IO tracks gives the same result as leaving them on the AUX tracks but it's more convenient to be able to change level from the track I'm listening on. Can anyone see an advantage to putting the sends on the IO tracks? Also, SC support have told me 'It makes sense that the feedback is caused by the talkback channel routing setup. so I'm hoping someone can help. Could anyone provide their template..?

Remove Muteomatic on your TB input and see what happens. Put a signal generator on your TB input and chase the routing of that talkback mic. Is it looping back around to your inputs? Are any of your Source Nexus plugins in "thru" mode? Can't tell from the video

It's too hard to determine where the issue is without digging into your session. If you want to share you session template that might help.