Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Cursor filckering problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422498)

surreart 11-20-2022 07:03 AM

Cursor filckering problem

Hello, I am new to Pro Tools and have a strange problem with mouse cursor inside edit window. Cursor is constantly switching back to arrow everytime it should show different cursor e.g. when using a smart tool and hovering over a clip. It shows hand for example but immediately turns back to arrow. The speed of switching back is somehow related to blinking sequence of big white time line cursor. I even found out that when I have another window opened like e.g. Color window it works fine until I have primary focus in that popup window. Once I click back to edit window it starts flickering again. I am on macOS Ventura.I tried it on my Windows laptop and seems to work fine there. Anyone encountered this behaviour? Thanks a lot.

nednednerb 11-20-2022 12:26 PM

Re: Cursor filckering problem

I think it might be related to this:

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?...=Case+04514444

Open a case with Avid, mention your issue, the following case I opened might be related:

[Case : 04514444]

tophermohr 11-22-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surreart (Post 2653732)
Hello, I am new to Pro Tools and have a strange problem with mouse cursor inside edit window. Cursor is constantly switching back to arrow everytime it should show different cursor e.g. when using a smart tool and hovering over a clip. It shows hand for example but immediately turns back to arrow. The speed of switching back is somehow related to blinking sequence of big white time line cursor. I even found out that when I have another window opened like e.g. Color window it works fine until I have primary focus in that popup window. Once I click back to edit window it starts flickering again. I am on macOS Ventura.I tried it on my Windows laptop and seems to work fine there. Anyone encountered this behaviour? Thanks a lot.

I'm having the same issue

makisound 11-23-2022 07:30 PM

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. I just bought a Mac mini Ventura in attempts to upgrade from my Windows setup. I have never had the problem of the cursor not changing properly in smart tool mode. It's flickering in and out of the proper smart tool mode and keeps defaulting back to the pointer. I talked to the people at Apple and I tried every suggestion. I tried using a logitech mouse that plugs in and that did not change anything. I actually feel seasick from watching that cursor flicker. Something has to solve this issue!

makisound 11-23-2022 07:37 PM

Dude! i just got off the phone with Avid support and they told me Mac Ventura 13.0.1 is not compatible with pro tools!! Dang. I have to downgrade to Monterey.

surreart 11-24-2022 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makisound (Post 2654029)
Dude! i just got off the phone with Avid support and they told me Mac Ventura 13.0.1 is not compatible with pro tools!! Dang. I have to downgrade to Monterey.

Thanks for your info. Do you also have the same cursor problem on your system?

makisound 11-24-2022 08:44 AM

Yes the cursor problem is the same. Flickering in smart tool mode. Since I just bought this Mac and it came with Ventura, I cannot downgrade to Monterey. So I guess I wait for Avid to be compatible with it.... Frustrating.

surreart 11-25-2022 04:56 AM

That's unfortunate. Honestly, I don't expect an official Ventura support from Avid anytime soon.

Bsloss 12-28-2022 12:23 AM

Ventura compatibility was released today! Cursor is still flickering...

Mac Studio M1 ultra running Ventura

Rhythmitist 12-28-2022 09:46 AM

Same here. Upgraded to Ventura after Avid notification yesterday and now my cursor is flickering as described above.

2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9/ Studio 2022.12 / Ventura