Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Route midi to autotune? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=48747)

unclemurray 09-26-2002 11:07 AM

Route midi to autotune?

Sorry to ask such a midiotic question, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to route either a midi track or a live midi controller into the autotune plugin from within LE. The autotune manual said to refer to the host softeare for instructions, but I don't see anything in the user guide...

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!

Philthy 09-26-2002 01:05 PM

Re: Route midi to autotune?

Woah, slow down, it's an easy thing...

First you gotta have Autotune 3.

Do this...
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Insert autotune on the track to be tuned
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There's a switch somewhere on the plugin to listen to midi info- I forget exactly- anyway switch it on
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Create a new midi track
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">set the output of the midi track to Autotune, which should now be in the list of output devices.
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Record-arm the midi track. Now midi data will pass through from your keyboard or whatever and control the keyboard in autotune. You can also playback normal midi from the track as well.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's a huge improvement over Autotune 2. To me it eliminates the need for graphical mode and it's really fast.

Philthy 09-26-2002 01:07 PM

Ben beat me to the punch while I was writing my book. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

unclemurray 09-26-2002 01:15 PM

Thanks folks. That's just what i was looking for; I didn't realize when you select the target notes via midi, it automatically appears. Autotune 3 can follow a realtime midi track, or it can also just learn notes and create a scale automatically.

And thanks for not scraeaming down my throat about using autotune in the first place; a fella's gotta pay the rent and not everyone can sing like Fred Durst... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

p.s. mental note: do not ask ask technical questions at mars music or they'll think it's a joke evidently...

artguilljr 09-26-2002 01:17 PM

sorry man, didnt mean to jump your $h!t. Didnt know AT3 had this feature. I publicly apoligize. Sorry im learned

unclemurray 09-26-2002 01:19 PM

That's cool. Now ya know, next time you're at work and someone asks a qurestion you don't know, turn to your friendly neighborhood DUC.

artguilljr 09-26-2002 04:40 PM

cool, i think you just worded your question wierd thats all. so running midi on AT3 is this like controlling your voice pitch with your keys like a vocoder or MS2000. if so thats pretty cool. ive been doing that effect manually for some time now.

artguilljr 09-27-2002 12:03 AM

Is this a serious post or is someone trying to be funny?

If Serious- Not Possible MIDI IS NOT AUDIO!

Unless your Talking about routing the audio outs of your midi device to your 001. and recording that. Than autotuning it. Yes You Can do This. But Y?

If Joking- I work at mars part time and get this question at least once a week. LOL

Ben Jenssen 09-27-2002 12:43 AM

No, no this is not a joke.
It didnt occur to me before but its obvious: send midi notes to autotune as pitch information!

I just browsed the manual, and its in there.

I’ll just try it and get back to you. This should be fun!

Probably it has to do with setting a IAC bus to autotune and sending a midi track to that IAC bus.

Ben Jenssen 09-27-2002 12:54 AM

WOW!
Works like a charm!

Just select "target notes via midi" on autotune, make a midi track with a keyboard input, send the midi track to "autotune" (it shows up automatically when there is an autotune plug available on a track), and trigger notes in realtime.
And you got INSTANT CHER!

I’m shure I can do something useful with it too.
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Talk about a tip for all the "tips and tricks" threads on this forum!