Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone try out the Focusrite forte suite Yet!!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=110760)

lenny ace 07-13-2004 04:05 PM

Anyone try out the Focusrite forte suite Yet!!!!

I really was looking forward to getting a Waves bundle but it starts over a grand for the Gold ..and to be honest why get the Gold
when we all really need the Platinum or Diamond for that great restoration bundle too! So I need to save alittle more
for the diamond.. In the meantime I still need a decent EQ & Dynamics.. I downloaded the demo focusrite forte suite
and I love the sound im getting.. For $600 u get a EQ,COMP,GATE,D_ESS that sound if not comparable better that the Waves Gold.. maybe Ill get the Focusrite forte along with the Waves Restoration bundle and save some $$$ What do U guys
think???? PS I still need that True Verb Im in a bind here

JFreak 07-14-2004 12:31 AM

Re: Anyone try out the Focusrite forte suite Yet!!

you can buy trueverb as an individual plugin. no need to buy a bundle.

Ben Jenssen 07-17-2004 09:51 AM

Re: Anyone try out the Focusrite forte suite Yet!!!!

The Forte Suite ISA110/130 sounds FANTASTIC!
I’ve played around with the demo (Link to overview and demo) and I’m getting this plugin for shure, dispite the price.

I remixed two songs using only the 110/130 and they took on a depth and a shine that I’ve never heard on my 001 system before. It feels like I will never need another EQ/dynamics plugin!

Now, there are a couple of issues:
High CPU usage.
Tiny, tiny numerical indicators.
BUT, when you insert the plugin it uses almost no CPU. And you can activate only the parts you need: High/low cut or high/low shelving or high/low parametric or compressor or deesser or sidechained compressor.
And I found that I actually liked the fact that you almost can’t see the numbers when you tweak the parameters, it makes you use your ears.

I haven’t posted here in a long, long time but I just had to share this.

Regarding Trueverb, I never liked it very much. In my opinion an impulse response reverb is the only way to go. I’ve tried out Altiverb and Waves IR1 and they’re in a legue of their own. And they can do other things besides just reverb.

All the best to all my friends on the DUC.

Chris Coleman 07-17-2004 10:18 AM

Quote:

you can buy trueverb as an individual plugin.

Ack, I'd rather buy a $180 TC Electronic M300.

Alex Rodriguez 07-18-2004 04:29 PM

Hi, Chris:
Where did u find it at $180? I searched and $200 is what I have found so far

lenny ace 07-21-2004 06:40 PM

Re: Anyone try out the Focusrite forte suite Yet!!!!

The compressor and EQ r killing whats out there right now!! I ve been a waves ren comp user 4 the longest but i cant see myself with this amazing eq/comp/dess package