Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   MBOX: Install freezes when installing drivers (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=188228)

suojuoksija 01-28-2007 06:16 AM

MBOX: Install freezes when installing drivers

My installation of PT 6.7 on XP home edition freezes right after the phase where it displays warning that driver didnt pass windows logo testing (on manual step 7). Cant alt-tab, ctrl-alt-del or even move my mouse curser. Waited at that phase for 10 minutes so im pretty sure its freeze. I double checked that my system is compatible with this and found nothing odd.

x9blade 01-28-2007 06:25 AM

Re: MBOX 001: Install freezes when installing drivers

hello,you will have to post more info about your computer.it will make it easier for people to help.Are all raid functions diabled?

suojuoksija 01-28-2007 07:09 AM

Re: MBOX 001: Install freezes when installing driv

All raid functions are disabled. What specs u need? Heres some for start

Windows XP Home edition with Service pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 3300+
1 Gb memory
Samsung SP 1614 C 160 Gb harddrive
Nvidia 6600 GT

I got mouse and keyboard plugged in through USB

JMS40 01-28-2007 08:42 AM

Your subject line says Mbox 001...
Which is it? An Mbox or a 001?
They are different units.

If it's an 001, your problem is PT 6.7.
The last version of Pro Tools compatible with the 001 is 6.4.

suojuoksija 01-28-2007 09:05 AM

Its MBOX. Sry for deceiving thread. Im noob.

JMS40 01-28-2007 09:13 AM

As x9blade said, we need more information to help you.

Your mention of the Windows Logo issue tells me you didn't install Pro Tools using the instructions in the Getting Started guide, so you most likely didn't make the suggested configuration changes there either.

You should also try each suggestion in the General Troubleshooting thread at the top of this forum, starting with determining if your computer is compatible with Pro Tools, up to and including posting a report about you computer system using the Sandra program listed there.

Good luck-

Fede W 01-28-2007 12:06 PM

Hey, how are you?? Well, i´m not an expert, in fact i´m kind of new in this too, but I know that I read somewhere in the DUC that USB mouse and keyboard could be a problem... Maybe you should use the search bar an see if you find something. Oh! and by the way, I had some problems myself with the installation freezing, but someone adviced me to keep the unit unplugged until you get the message "connect your device" or something like that. Hope this helps!!!