Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For those who have the Mbox Pro (3rd gen) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=291887)

wuzlow 01-11-2011 12:02 PM

For those who have the Mbox Pro (3rd gen)

I have one and was wondering if it's just my mbox or if you guys have the same problem....

The main volume knob on the right when you start to turn it clockwise from "0" (knob pegged to the left) does it gradually increase your volume from the get-go or does any sound start at a certain point after turning it roughly an eighth of a turn?

When I start to turn my volume up, the sound pops in at a certain point on the knob and when I decrease volume it pops out at the same spot. Just curious if anyone else has this problem of if its just my mbox.

Thanks!

hammerransom 01-11-2011 01:23 PM

Re: For those who have the Mbox Pro (3rd gen)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuzlow (Post 1734309)
I have one and was wondering if it's just my mbox or if you guys have the same problem....

The main volume knob on the right when you start to turn it clockwise from "0" (knob pegged to the left) does it gradually increase your volume from the get-go or does any sound start at a certain point after turning it roughly an eighth of a turn?

When I start to turn my volume up, the sound pops in at a certain point on the knob and when I decrease volume it pops out at the same spot. Just curious if anyone else has this problem of if its just my mbox.

Thanks!

I have not encountered that with mine.

Kanosan 01-12-2011 11:48 AM

I just started having this same issue after two weeks of use. Anybody know what the deal is? Is this something that changes in preferences or a faulty volume pot?

Here's a link to a quick vid I posted on youtube of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRqOm56Hcwc

Thanks,
Mark

DJ Hellfire 01-12-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanosan (Post 1734845)
I just started having this same issue after two weeks of use. Anybody know what the deal is? Is this something that changes in preferences or a faulty volume pot?

Here's a link to a quick vid I posted on youtube of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRqOm56Hcwc

Thanks,
Mark

Sounds like a bug to me. Does it do it with computer audio and auxillary audio too, or just Pro Tools audio?

wuzlow 01-12-2011 05:28 PM

Kanosan, Mine isn't that particular problem. There is no audio for the first 1/8th turn or so from my volume knob then the audio pops in and volume can increase from there. It does this from any sort of audio input I have. Doesn't matter if its from Pro Tools (firewire) or iTunes (RCA or 1/8" jack). Its been like that right out of the box, I think its the volume pot that's bad.

Kanosan 01-13-2011 08:33 PM

DJ Hellfire: that's a good question. I only use it for pro tools audio but I will try that out to see if I can isolate it. When I shut everything down and restart the system it corrects itself, but then starts up later on after continued use... so its still hard to say if its hardware or a software glitch. I don't muck around with my preferences other than buffer sizes really, so I don't think it's anything on my end..

Wuzlow: Mine worked great for two weeks before this started up. Be sure to check into the Driver Control Panel to make sure things haven't been magically changed on you. Low latency monitoring stopped working for me yesterday too, and I had to change some things in the DCP even though I had yet to open it to set my preferences.

relaxo 09-18-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuzlow (Post 1735023)
There is no audio for the first 1/8th turn or so from my volume knob then the audio pops in and volume can increase from there.

This is what my brand new MBox3 Pro is doing right out of the box! Anyone find a solution or a fix?

fieldbeyond 10-28-2011 10:22 AM

I'm having the same issue here, no volume at all until around 8 o'clock and then it kicks in and is adjustable from there onwards, but again no sound when turned back below 8 o'clock. Anyone find any info on this issue yet?

YYR123 10-28-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relaxo (Post 1836263)
This is what my brand new MBox3 Pro is doing right out of the box! Anyone find a solution or a fix?

take it back and get a 003r :eek:

flautista 10-31-2011 12:17 PM

003 is next to die, allready indeed