Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   S1 multiple units only 8 configurable buttons??? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408270)

Orchook 01-30-2020 08:12 AM

S1 multiple units only 8 configurable buttons???

Just got myself 3 S1 units thinking i will have 24 configurable buttons (The color buttons) just to discover that whatever commend i configure on on lets say User 4 will be the same commend on all S1 unit's user 4. That is extremely disappointing and such a waste of buttons.

EddieJones 01-30-2020 10:18 AM

Re: S1 multiple units only 8 configurable buttons???

We do want to make these independent in the future.

Lynn Gräber 01-30-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2552740)
We do want to make these independent in the future.

YES! Amazing.

Orchook 01-30-2020 01:09 PM

Is it being worked on or is just in an idea stage? I am kind of considering returning them as there are a few more things that that just don't make since to me compered to much cheaper controllers.

EddieJones 01-30-2020 01:27 PM

I can't promise to you within the next few months but hopefully this year. I'm curious as to what you don't like about the other things though. EUCON is way more powerful than Mackie.

Orchook 01-30-2020 02:01 PM

There is no question about the fact that it is more powerful (If it is fully implemented) but it is not. I work with Logic and Mackie defiantly not shinny as Eucon controllers but is is extremely stable (Using midi) no fallouts. No disconnects and every single thing just works. Now please don't misunderstand me. I would love to have these controllers if they were working as they should.

Here are a few really small things that i believe can take these to a different level. And as far as i understand in computing should be very easy to implement. The question is if Avid want to.

This has to do with the Avid control app (which is a 80% of the reason i got these S1's)

a. why not have the control app view menus able to be controlled by a soft key.
If i want to open a plugin from a soft key or from anywere, I want the control app to jump to channel view right away automatically for me to start editing.

b. If "a" is really complicated to do. Why not at least give us the main softkeys pages as an option on the channel page instead of meters as these 2 views are probably the most used.

Now to the bugs of the new control app with logic.

1. Logic "Sends on faders" commend is not working. (Mackie does) it needs to be implemented as it's a very useful feature in logic.

2. The track view on the new control app with logic pro does not show the track colors. It did when it was Pro Tools Control. Something happened. actually If you try to turn on "Display brakes on track color" option, The display go crazy. Try it.

Now on the S1 units why if i go to channel mode (Shift+flip) when i'm on inserts. It will stay on channel mode when i go to pan. This just does not make since at all. In a perfect world, The S1 will remember on which of the modes (EQ, Inserts, Dyn, Pan....) i like to be on channel mode and on which i don't. Hope i'm explaining it clear.

And then back to the original post of the 8 buttons only.

Also, Would be nice to be able to select a channel from the meter view on the ipad. Won't work now. Only from the mixer view

Sorry for the long post but i am trying to be detailed as possible.

BScout 01-30-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orchook (Post 2552762)
b. If "a" is really complicated to do. Why not at least give us the main softkeys pages as an option on the channel page instead of meters as these 2 views are probably the most used.

The "meters" are there so you can select the channel you want to work on with the channel controls.

Bottom left button and you can have soft keys take over the transport area of that page. This is the second soft keys area where you can program what you want (as long as it is Euconized)

Unclear if you have the Dock (or even a stand with an extra tablet) but you can leave that one up as the Channel page and the all the S1 on meters. There are a lot of hardware controls (8 knobs) on the Dock to manipulate what is seen on the channel tab that make it easier to work with plugins than the virtual touchscreen knobs.

EddieJones 01-30-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orchook (Post 2552762)
Now to the bugs of the new control app with logic.

1. Logic "Sends on faders" commend is not working. (Mackie does) it needs to be implemented as it's a very useful feature in logic.

2. The track view on the new control app with logic pro does not show the track colors. It did when it was Pro Tools Control. Something happened. actually If you try to turn on "Display brakes on track color" option, The display go crazy. Try it.

Now on the S1 units why if i go to channel mode (Shift+flip) when i'm on inserts. It will stay on channel mode when i go to pan. This just does not make since at all. In a perfect world, The S1 will remember on which of the modes (EQ, Inserts, Dyn, Pan....) i like to be on channel mode and on which i don't. Hope i'm explaining it clear.

And then back to the original post of the 8 buttons only.

Also, Would be nice to be able to select a channel from the meter view on the ipad. Won't work now. Only from the mixer view

Sorry for the long post but i am trying to be detailed as possible.

1. I sent this to Apple to get fixed
2. We see this issue and will fix soon
Channel mode: I agree with you. It is automatic with EQ and DYN but not with others. I like the idea of setting each function to be in that mode or not.
Meter view: There are many new things we want to add to it. The App was completely rewritten so took a long time. Priority was getting it this far and stable. We also want to add swiping the meters to bank the S1's

One think you can guarantee is that Mackie Control is what it was 10 years ago and will never change. EUCON has been growing for 15 years and will continue to.

EddieJones 01-31-2020 07:02 AM

1. Apple replied and said it is now on their list to fix
2. We fixed this overnight and it will be in the next release very soon

Orchook 01-31-2020 07:22 PM

Another thing that i am really not sure why you guys don't have on the Eucontrol software. when i want to add a commend to a soft key i have to spend a long time to find the commend i am looking for. Where is the simple search option?