Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Midi help needed with digi002 no midi at all (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=265575)

Floeperd 01-29-2010 11:39 AM

Midi help needed with digi002 no midi at all

Hello, i own a digidesign digi 002, with pro-tools LE
and a Akai MPK49 with usb connection, in Reason i can use my digi as a soundcard, and the mpk49 works perfectly, but in Pro tools, i can use all the cool Digi002 features, but i cant get midi to work, i've tried to connect my mpk49 directly in my digi with midicables, but with no result, and the lights of midi in en midi out on my dont even light up.....
does my digi needs repair??
or do i need a seperate power supply for my akai mpk49, since i use the usb for power.....
I tried all the settings, downloaded the cs10 update, read every topic on the net about it....
i cant figure it out, used every setting in pro tools possible....
can someone please help me???

DigiTechSupt 01-29-2010 12:21 PM

Re: Midi help needed with digi002 no midi at all

Go to the Program Files>Digidesign>Pro Tools>Drivers and double-click on the MMERefresh app. Do the MIDI ports now show up in Pro Tools?

Floeperd 01-29-2010 12:27 PM

i can see the ports in pro tools, thats not the problem, but when i select them in pro tools nothing happens, and the lights of midi in and midi out on my digi stay off,and i suppose they should light up when i plugged in midi, i read that i should light up everytime i do something on my keyboard, but that doesn't happen either...
but i will try the mmerefresh app....

Floeperd 01-29-2010 12:49 PM

didnt work....
please someone knows what i do wrong?
or is my digi f$@#ked?

Floeperd 01-29-2010 01:03 PM

to test, i've powered the mpk through another laptop, while having the midi in and out directly in my digi still no signal, no midi lights....

Floeperd 01-29-2010 09:51 PM

some help please????

Floeperd 01-30-2010 12:37 PM

i need to know if i need to have my digi002 repaired or not....

Floeperd 01-31-2010 07:38 AM

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

guitardom 01-31-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floeperd (Post 1543799)
Hello, i own a digidesign digi 002, with pro-tools LE
and a Akai MPK49 with usb connection, in Reason i can use my digi as a soundcard, and the mpk49 works perfectly, but in Pro tools, i can use all the cool Digi002 features, but i cant get midi to work, i've tried to connect my mpk49 directly in my digi with midicables, but with no result, and the lights of midi in en midi out on my dont even light up.....
does my digi needs repair??
or do i need a seperate power supply for my akai mpk49, since i use the usb for power.....
I tried all the settings, downloaded the cs10 update, read every topic on the net about it....
i cant figure it out, used every setting in pro tools possible....
can someone please help me???

You can use USB midi connection in pro tools. You do not have to use the midi ports on the 002. If you are connecting the mpk via midi cable to the 002 you HAVE to use the power supply for the mpk.Make sure your midi input is the correct device and typically selecting all channels is fine.

Floeperd 01-31-2010 08:26 AM

did all that, i gave up on the midicables, and back the usb port, i can select it in pro tools, but i cant seem to make it work...what do i overlook?