Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   im tired of my project mix!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=180014)

GStyle 10-21-2006 06:02 AM

im tired of my project mix!!!

im not really tired of it, its just that im not realling using the faders (as if i ever did) and its taking up quite a bit of space on my work area. i was thinking about downgrading to the m-audio 1814 cause its smaller and has the same in's and outs as the project mix. is it a good idea? or should i just stick with the project mix?

bobbebrown 10-21-2006 09:42 AM

Re: im tired of my project mix!!!

i have an 1814 and find it to be perfectly suitable for ptm7, i wish i had the faders and encoders you have to make for more accurate adjustments in the mix, B.b.

temetrepo 10-22-2006 03:17 PM

i love my projectmix, and i love its faders
i work faster with it than using the mouse

dillon99999 10-23-2006 08:49 AM

the only issue with the 1814 (and it has been talked about / documented / currently being worked on by m-audio) is:

THE VOLUME KNOB STOPS WORKING PERIODICALLY.

i got around this, by using my old DAW to control volume (silly, but that's my solution for now - until a fix is available).

Yosemite 10-27-2006 06:22 PM

That is interesting. I have experienced what feels like sluggish or late responses from the volume knobs on my 1814 from time to time. I am assuming this is something much more serious though, like no function for minutes or more? Is it related to anything else in the system, or can any system with an 1814 running any software have this issue?

Just curious.

dillon99999 10-30-2006 02:22 PM

the issue is with the 1814.
it's a known bug.
they are supposedly "working" on it.
haven't heard anything since them being notified of the issue.
not sure if m-audio people come to this board or not.
i wouldn't hold my breath over it, because it may take them a while to fix it (and it maybe the hardware is faulty - prompting a "recall" of the device).
i know that they (m-audio) warns about unplugging the firewire device with the computer running (could cause a fire).

hehehe...

fire ---> wire!

yungsonny 12-05-2006 06:10 PM

how do you get your projectmix to do the wave like on the video?

faceb 12-15-2006 02:15 AM

Having 8 faders for 2 hand....Why
Having fader without trim function in the protools LE or MP....Why not.
If you need a good fader just near your computer keyboard buy the presonus FADERPORT.

joemusic 12-17-2006 01:52 PM

I love the ProjectMix. I've worked with the Digi 002, Rack and console, and I prefer the P/M to both of them. The 8 xlr-1/4" inputs are extremely helpful, especially when working with phantom power IMO. A big problem I had with the Digi002 was the fact that it only had limited inputs with power.

The mic pres on the P/M are fairly good, but I prefer using some outboard equipment to get the sound I want.

dogselur 12-17-2006 02:31 PM

Speaking of outboard equipment to get your sound, and the pM's pre's, What other Pre's are you all using through the ADAT lightpipe interface? i currently have the Presonus digimax. It sounds great, but is there anything significantly better? Of course, in the similar price range? AND, Which Pre's are better, the PM's or the Digimax?