Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What do you think of...? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405556)

amagras 07-08-2019 07:02 PM

What do you think of...?

I thought it could be useful to have a thread where we can ask others their opinion about software and plugins we want to buy.

For example I would like to know if anyone has tried Sektor, the wavetable synth by Initial Audio and what do they think of it. It's only $15 right now at Plugin Boutique.

Thanks!

AlexLakis 07-09-2019 09:01 PM

Re: What do you think of...?

Perhaps changing the name of the thread to relate to it's intended content would be a good start?

New Kush AR-1 sounds great, although changing the controls eventually crashes Pro Tools...

Looking forward to demoing the new Plugin Alliance Shadow Hills compressor that's being released on the 15th! (And it's AAX-DSP too!)

amagras 07-09-2019 09:03 PM

Thank you Alex! I don't know how to change the name, maybe the mods? I'm kind of enjoying the new Royal Compressor which looks pretty similar to the Kush one and it's a Vari-Mu too. Have you seen that?

In case someone else is interested, Sektor is my type of synth, very easy to use yet it has all of the goodies one would expect from a wavetable synth and even a few very unique ones, too bad is not AAX.

AlexLakis 07-10-2019 11:59 AM

Me: "Hey, check out this new Waves plugin I got, it tracks your face with the camera and simulates being in another room!"

Client: "Wow, hey, this is cool! Can we get back to work now?"

AlexLakis 07-10-2019 12:08 PM

Oh, the Shadow Hills sounds great, but does not seem to report latency to Pro Tools properly, so can only use on master at the moment. This, and the rumor that Plugin Alliance will go subscription on Monday are making me wary.

amagras 07-10-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2532402)
the rumor that Plugin Alliance will go subscription on Monday are making me wary.

I'm glad I got all I needed by now. Will patiently wait until the fever of subscriptions consumes itself without contributing a single "peso" to it.

WernerF 07-25-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2532404)
I'm glad I got all I needed by now. Will patiently wait until the fever of subscriptions consumes itself without contributing a single "peso" to it.

Totally agree about subscription fever. No "pesos" from me either.

musicman691 07-26-2019 03:23 AM

How long before PA goes Adobe and subscription only?

simon.a.billington 09-09-2019 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2532401)
Me: "Hey, check out this new Waves plugin I got, it tracks your face with the camera and simulates being in another room!"

Client: "Wow, hey, this is cool! Can we get back to work now?"

Haha!! Mortals. If only they knew the power of the dark side!!

Seriously though, that is quite a powerful tool when used for the right reasons.

JFreak 09-09-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2533865)
How long before PA goes Adobe and subscription only?

After hell has frozen maybe?