Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Artist Mix display stuck at maximum constrast / brightness (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=385193)

earhere 10-12-2016 09:37 PM

Artist Mix display stuck at maximum constrast / brightness

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

This (please take a look at the attached image) started happening about a week ago, and only happens when the Eucontrol app is connected to the unit. When I quit the Eucontrol app, it will show the regular contrast (black background with yellow Avid logo)

Tried the factory reset (hold down back key while powering up), and "las vegas" test, both with no remedy.

Eucontrol 3.4.1, Firmware 1.5.4, Mac OS X 10.11.6

Any ideas??

Thanks !

mrdd 03-21-2018 04:14 AM

Re: Artist Mix display stuck at maximum constrast / brightness

Hi! Had exactly the same problem. Updating to EuControl 18.2.0.244; MC Transport Firmware 1.1.8.0; MC Mix Firmware 1.5.4.0 solved it. :-)

Cheers,
Dietmar

Big Mother 07-24-2021 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am suddenly having this same issue. Artist Mix display seems fine until it connects to the EuControl software, then the displays go on full.
Without the EuControl the Artist Mix appears normal, Vegas Mode test looks normal, displays show everything as expected.
Faders and all other functions seem to be working fine when I was in PT, just the display is totally on.
Currently on v.2021.6.0.181. Tried reverting to 2020.11.0.187, same thing.
Was working great yesterday, cant think of anything I've changed.

Attached image shows issue.

Ryan Young 07-24-2021 03:58 PM

*******Don't install the new security update from Apple for Catalina or Mojave*******

Big Mother 07-24-2021 05:02 PM

AH! Dang, wish I had seen that earlier, Thanks Ryan

SJ-deen 07-26-2021 08:50 AM

Too late for me. The LCD on my Artist Control is all blue as well. Hope that we can find a solution soon.

hbabels 07-26-2021 04:51 PM

I am having the exact same problem after just updating the Catalina security update, Crap!! Anyone find a solution for this??

SJ-deen 07-27-2021 02:30 AM

I just bit the bullet and returned to the previous OS (luckily, I had made a full backup just before applying the security update). The main reason being that AVID believes that there would be a quick fix for the S-series, but not for Artist Mix families. I have an Artist Mix and Control so there is no way I can wait until Apple comes up with a solution...

EddieJones 07-28-2021 10:12 AM

We have a meeting with Apple this afternoon. If they give the green light I will post a patch today.

sirjohnweird 07-31-2021 03:02 AM

Any news on a fix? This is killing me. Help!