Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Feature Request: Plugin Organization (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415714)

bakedbeansrecord 06-12-2021 03:09 AM

Feature Request: Plugin Organization

I cannot seem to find a place to post this in the Community. Please enlighten me if there is a specific thread for this.

I wish there was a way to custom organize plugins by their types beyond what is currently an option. I would love to be able to make my own custom subfolders, e.g., Saturation plugins; Chorus plugins; Channel Strips; Stereoizers; etc. You get the idea.

Sardi 06-12-2021 03:32 AM

Re: Feature Request: Plugin Organization

Correct. That is not currently possible.

You can however make shortcuts to your most commonly used plugins. They will appear at the top of the list, outside of the category sub-folders. They still appear in the category sub-folders, but also as a shortcut for quick access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bakedbeansrecord 06-12-2021 04:57 PM

Thanks, Sardi.
How do I do what you suggest?
Alan

Sardi 06-12-2021 06:26 PM

Feature Request: Plugin Organization

From memory (if you’re on a Mac) you just press Command and click on the plugin in the list that you want to have as a plugin favourite. Then when you go back into the list, you should see it right at the top above all the individual categories in the drop down list.

Mike Thornton 06-13-2021 12:40 AM

Quote:

How do I do what you suggest?
We have an article on Pro tools Expert that shows you how to do this. How To Quick Access Pro Tools AudioSuite Plugins

Hope that helps,

Mike

musicman691 06-13-2021 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Thornton (Post 2604184)
We have an article on Pro tools Expert that shows you how to do this. How To Quick Access Pro Tools AudioSuite Plugins

Hope that helps,

Mike

Thanks but the OP is talking about the regular plugins on insert slots.

Sardi 06-13-2021 03:10 AM

It’s the same isn’t it?

I thought it was Command + click on plugin for both the real-time plugins and Audiosuite plugins, the difference being the list is stored separately. IOW, you’d need to do it on both.

That’s how I recall it to be.

bakedbeansrecord 06-13-2021 03:14 AM

Thanks, Mike Thornton. I love your helpful videos, so I knew about this for the Audiosuite menu, but I would like to be able to do this from the insert menu.

bakedbeansrecord 06-13-2021 03:15 AM

Thanks, Sardi. I'll give it a try...

midnightrambler 06-13-2021 05:10 AM

I'd like to be able to "hide" plug-ins as well, e.g. I have a ton of Waves which came with the Mercury bundle that I've literally no interest in using.