Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Toggle track view (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=245644)

Trazan 05-07-2009 11:34 AM

Toggle track view

Using the (-) key on the qwerty to toggle between two predefined track views in the edit window....I get notes and velocity on midi tracks. I have no use of the velocity view, I want regions....damnit. So every time I want to toggle between waveform and volume on the audio tracks, I have to manually reset those midi tracks back to region view :rolleyes:

It even says in the shortcut list that midi tracks should toggle between notes and regions. So...? Is it possible for me to chose which views to toggle through?

spkguitar 05-07-2009 11:39 AM

Re: Toggle track view

Which numeric version of Pro Tools my friend?

Trazan 05-07-2009 12:16 PM

Numero 8.0cs2 :cool:

albee1952 05-07-2009 01:15 PM

Expand the track view by clicking the small arrow at the bottom left of the color bar(edit window). You can show several lanes of info at the same time.

spkguitar 05-07-2009 01:18 PM

Do you have Zoom Toggle turned on? ;)

I bet you do. Try turning it off and see what happens. (press the e key while in command focus )

spkguitar 05-07-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 1394899)
Expand the track view by clicking the small arrow at the bottom left of the color bar(edit window). You can show several lanes of info at the same time.

Regions and notes can only be shown in the main track view, not the automation lanes.

Trazan 05-08-2009 03:21 AM

So, which two views does others with PT8 get on midi tracks?

Surely this must be a bug, or there must be a way to chose which two views to toggle between?

spkguitar 05-08-2009 07:18 AM

When I have Zoom Toggle turned off, and I press the "-" hotkey, I toggle between regions and notes, as expected and as per the manual.

If I have Zoom Toggle turned on, and I press the "-" hotkey, I toggle between notes and velocity.

I am almost positive this is a bug.

WORKAROUND: turn off zoom toggle

Trazan 05-08-2009 07:55 AM

Ah, sorry, spkguitar...I didn't see your previous post. Indeed, the zoom toggle must have been on. Didn't think of that as I had the whole project showing in the window.

Velocity when zoom toggle is on is probably intended from Digidesign. I can live with that :cool:

filosofem 05-08-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trazan (Post 1395245)
Velocity when zoom toggle is on is probably intended from Digidesign.

Incorrect, Zoom Toggle Track View is determined by what Track View setting you choose in the Editing Preferences.

filosofem