Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   iLok error "internet connection unavailable (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409072)

[email protected] 03-26-2020 05:06 AM

iLok error "internet connection unavailable

1 Attachment(s)
First time I see this error message. (attached)
I can open pro tools 2019.12
I can sign in to my iLok account
i can NOT sign in to my account via iLok License Manager app.
Any idea what is the problem??

Southsidemusic 03-26-2020 09:10 AM

Re: iLok error "internet connection unavailable

Welcome to the Community

First make sure you have the absolute latest ILM even if it is installed as the latest I would redo that and install the latest again. Takes less than a minute.

Then see if the issue disappears as it has been known to cause issues.

glasswing 05-02-2021 11:23 AM

iLok can't connect to internet! I can connect at iLok's site but not in studio. Pro Tools Ultimate is working but none of the plugins. Updated to new PT last night to no avail. Uninstalled and reinstalled iLok License Manager to no avail. Many four letter words and lost $$$.

albee1952 05-02-2021 02:15 PM

Are you using cloud authorization? I would end that and move licenses to a physical iLok(I am NOT a big fan of their cloud licensing and would only use it as a last resort):o

glasswing 05-02-2021 03:22 PM

You can be sure that when I can I will abandon the cloud stuff. Right now I can't because iLok can't get online.

glasswing 05-02-2021 03:49 PM

I updated Avid Link and everything seems fine but when I try to open Pro Tools all AVID plugins say "Cannot connect because there is no internet available" ****

climber 05-03-2021 04:40 AM

Avid Link has nothing to do with this... What system are you on? Are u sure you updated iLock manager? Do you have a firewall enabled?

glasswing 05-03-2021 10:29 AM

No firewall, newest ILok Licence Manager. Have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Started a ticket with PT support last night. At the tail end of a project featured in Billboard about a week ago. Need to send a song to Michael Brauer SOON! Yikes.
I can open it without the plugins - so I'm doing that now and will check for bogus preferences etc. I'm not the only one who runs my machine!

glasswing 05-03-2021 10:36 AM

I'm on a 5.1 Mac cheese grater with High Sierry. 48g's RAM. I only mentioned Avid Link to show that the internet is indeed working.

albee1952 05-03-2021 12:45 PM

You can(and should) try putting the iLok on another computer(all it needs is the ILM software). Or try a different browser and log into your account online(not thru ILM) and if you CAN make that connection, maybe iLok can offer help:o