Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ignition Pack 2 missing from new Mbox 2 purchase? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=240809)

Elnico50 03-04-2009 06:00 PM

Ignition Pack 2 missing from new Mbox 2 purchase?

Just purchased a brand new Mbox 2 mini, which is suppposed to include Ignition Pack 2.

However, there's no IP2 disc, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of it on the main installation disc or any of the others (got a loops and samples disc, an instructional video and a translated doc disc).

Should there be a disc, are the plugins such as Reason and Amplitube automatically loaded? Only thing is you're supposed to get sonic bids membership and a bunch of other stuff but there's no sign of it in the pack I got.

Anyone else had this experience?

RiF 03-05-2009 03:44 AM

Re: Ignition Pack 2 missing from new Mbox 2 purchase?

Yes, there should be a seperate disk labeled "Ignition Pack 2" which came with my MBox 2, too. My MBox 2 mini came with lots of paper and disks, so maybe it is buried under other disks... It contains a bunch of demo- or highly feature-reduced versions. These are made for promotional purposes only IMHO, so I uninstalled everything after taking a look at them. I guess that Digi will give you this disk for free if you ask for it.

rqstudio 03-05-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elnico50 (Post 1362415)
Just purchased a brand new Mbox 2 mini, which is suppposed to include Ignition Pack 2.

However, there's no IP2 disc, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of it on the main installation disc or any of the others (got a loops and samples disc, an instructional video and a translated doc disc).

Should there be a disc, are the plugins such as Reason and Amplitube automatically loaded? Only thing is you're supposed to get sonic bids membership and a bunch of other stuff but there's no sign of it in the pack I got.

Anyone else had this experience?

Contact your dealer, they should have a separate package with Ignition Pack, I believe some interfaces were shipped without.

Elnico50 03-05-2009 08:50 PM

Yeah it's definitely missing!

I've tried contacting the dealer via email but no reply. The box had plastic stickers on it but they look pretty easy to open and replace to make it look sealed

If I have no luck with the dealer (bought it brand new from ebay store), then I'll see if digidesign will send one to me.

rqstudio 03-05-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elnico50 (Post 1363078)
The box had plastic stickers on it but they look pretty easy to open and replace to make it look sealed

Again, some boxes were shipped without.;) Your dealer should have separate packages.

mblanton66 03-06-2009 11:31 AM

Isn't the ignition pack 2 no longer included with PT 8 systems? I just bought a Rack + Factory and no Ignition pack, so I looked on the Digi site to see exactly what plug bundles were included and it indeed had everything that it was supposed to. If you look at the current Mbox 2 Mini it does NOT list the Ignition Pack (but includes most of the plugs).

jerry9 04-17-2009 06:27 AM

Ignition Pack Promotion Discontinued with the Release of Pro Tools 8

The Ignition Pack 2 was included with new Pro Tools HD and Pro Tools LE* hardware systems sold between March 1, 2007 and December 17, 2008. Beginning with the release of Pro Tools 8 in December, 2008, new systems which shipped with Pro Tools 8 do not include the Ignition Pack promotional bundles. Instead, Pro Tools 8 HD, LE, and M-Powered software comes with many new effects, virtual instruments, and loops:
Pro Tools 8 Bundled Content

*Mbox 2 Micro (and Pro Tools M-Powered) did not include the Ignition Pack 2 bundle.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=25023