Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Best method or software to process hundreds of files (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420332)

JoeTools1963 05-24-2022 07:18 AM

Best method or software to process hundreds of files

Hi there

I have a large project that involves processing hundreds of files in a batch fashion.

I could do it in PT, but it will not allow me to import all of the files to a single track. If I could, I could process via Audio Suite Plugs and batch that way.

That being said, is there a script that can be written to import a batch of files to a single track (say in shuffle) so they butt up against each other?

If not, is there a software that will allow me to batch import a bunch of files, use a plugin like Vitamin and then batch export. They will all have the same settings.

Thank you in advance for your input.

ToxicGandhi 05-24-2022 07:44 AM

Re: Best Process Or SoftWare

Hi, you could import them to clip list, then select them all and drop them onto a track (or onto the track list to have tracks with corresponding channel widths created automatically) while having Timeline drop order (see the clip list options) set to "Left to Right". Then you'll have them all on a same track butting on one another and you could Audiosuite them with "Clip by Clip" and "Create Individual Files" settings.

For a more elegant solution, check out either Batch Processor in RX (try using the Plug-in module to load a plugin of your choice), or Batch File/Item Converter in Reaper (where you can batch process essentially anything from SRC conversions to names to FX).

Rich Breen 05-24-2022 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeTools1963 (Post 2637789)
...it will not allow me to import all of the files to a single track....

Why not? Timeline drop order.

Quote:

If not, is there a software that will allow me to batch import a bunch of files, use a plugin like Vitamin and then batch export....
Izotope RX, Presonus batch converter come to mind.

JoeTools1963 05-24-2022 10:52 AM

Thank you both!! That worked great!! Now my question is this.

Since I do not have RX on this machine and I am using Vitamin for the processing via Audio Suite, is there a way to get PT to NOT add the Vitamin suffix on to the end of the files?

There are 688 files in this batch. The naming convention needs to be maintained for the AI module.

Thanks once again in advance!!

cablenaute 05-24-2022 03:32 PM

Re: Best method or software to process hundreds of files

Hi,

You could give ABetterFinderRename a try, it is perfect for batch filenames renaming.

Fidelis 05-24-2022 07:12 PM

You can batch rename the files on finder! Just select all, right clic and choose rename. Now, if you want a batch converter that does all automatically Izotope rx is a good one.

Dizzi45Z 05-24-2022 07:59 PM

I use and love NameChanger on Mac for renaming files. It's donationware and amazing.

LDS 05-24-2022 11:11 PM

Couldn't you just batch rename straight in the pro tools clip list after processing?

After you have batch processed your audio clips on the timeline, select unused and remove to get rid of the original from the clips bin. Then select all clips, and batch rename removing the vitamin tag, then export clips as files to your final folder destination?

JoeTools1963 05-25-2022 04:23 AM

Sadly the original names are crucial to the end use. Not sure how to combat this perpetual renaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeTools1963 05-25-2022 06:46 AM

Thanks for all of the help everyone. Problem resolved. [emoji4] Had RX installed on my Older Mac Pro. Batching is a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk