Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven rack editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=421526)

davidbdaniels 09-05-2022 11:05 AM

Eleven rack editor

Has Avid discontinued the eleven rack editor? Mine quit working. I deleted it from AppData> Roaming> Avid, then tried to reopen it. I'm still getting a white screen. I went to Avid to download the editor but nothing happens. I click on the download link and nothing. Pls help.

JoelG 09-05-2022 11:36 AM

Re: Eleven rack editor

Try it from here and right click "Save as" the link, instead of just clicking on it.

I don't know why, but the download doesn't kick of by clicking the link as it should.

Joel

Darryl Ramm 09-05-2022 11:45 AM

Joel already gave you the magic to get the download happening, that download problem seems to affects multiple things on Avid's web site.

But to answer the rest, the Editor for the orange box of magic is unfortunately effectively a discontinued/dead product and was just about that soon after it was released.

You may run into problems getting the Editor working, and there are some great threads on DUC about getting it working on Windows and MacOS releases that you can search for. See this thread as an example: https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411070 there may be some misinformation/unnecessary folklore floating around about what to do to get this working, I remember some confusion way back when, maybe including from me. So have a good read through a few threads you can find (google search with site:duc.avid.com qualifier). And it's been a while since I got this working on Windows. I just gave up with the editor, easier for me to just drive stuff from the front panel.

Darryl Ramm 09-05-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelG (Post 2646203)
I don't know why, but the download doesn't kick of by clicking the link as it should.

Grrr this issue has been ongoing for a long while with some links, not sure of the past causes, but I can see a problem here. Filed case #04496905 asked support to bounce it to Jeffro.

Some browsers/security settings will also complain about security problems if you do a "save link as" on this link.

albee1952 10-15-2022 05:57 PM

Its working for me, but may or may not open to a blank white screen. If it does this, don't delete the editor, just go to Roaming>Avid>Eleven Rack Editor and delete the 3 files(which will re-appear the next time you start the editor).

Darryl Ramm 10-15-2022 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2646212)
Grrr this issue has been ongoing for a long while with some links, not sure of the past causes, but I can see a problem here. Filed case #04496905 asked support to bounce it to Jeffro.

Some browsers/security settings will also complain about security problems if you do a "save link as" on this link.

Since this thread popped up again. I'll add that Jeffro sorted out some of these download links not working, it was do to with old Digilink security certificates on these links, some were fixed and other folks were left to scrub the whole website, but hopefully this problem is on it's way out or totally gone. If you see it with any other download links please post them.

Daveporter33765 11-06-2022 09:04 AM

As far as Editor use on MacOS, the only reliable way I have found to use it is to install a new copy of Mojave on one of external drives (be sure to use a removable drive is capable of serving as a boot drive) and then install iLoc and the Eleven Rack drivers and the editor on the removable drive. Then I boot from this external drive to use the editor. When I am done I reboot my iMac and use the Eleven Rack as an external guitar processor via audio cable inputs. I know this sounds like a pain…it is…but I have a large number of patches that I developed over the years and still want to be able to use them…so this is my work-around.