Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PT7.4 Works fine, no sounds from windows though (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=209310)

Darryl D 11-12-2007 06:19 PM

PT7.4 Works fine, no sounds from windows though

Hey everyone, wondering if any one else using Vista has come across this problem. PT7.4 works great with vista with my Mbox Mini, my issue is that Vista for some reason won't recognize it as a sound card, therefore I got no sound from any windows programs, or any of my other audio software.
I recently switched from Sonar, and i still have some projects to finish. it's not a big deal, I have one XP system and my laptop has Vista, but if I can get it to go that would be great.. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

spkguitar 11-12-2007 06:34 PM

Re: PT7.4 Works fine, no sounds from windows though

You're not going to like this, but please, please don't shoot the messenger.

If you look on the Compatibility page for 7.4 XP, you will notice under the "Software" section, this mention:
Quote:

Digidesign Audio Drivers Windows XP
Digidesign ASIO Driver 7.x
Digidesign WaveDriver 7.x

However, you will notice that entry is not present on the Compatibility page for 7.4 Vista.

Again, don't shoot the messenger, but it looks like if you are using Vista and want to use 3rd party software with your Digidesign hardware, you are (for now) out of luck.

Let the ranting begin!

Darryl D 11-12-2007 06:48 PM

Thanks for the response. I kind of assumed this when i saw nothing on the vista side, but i was hoping otherwise. I have my 896HD I can hookup to use Sonar with until this gets rolling. it's kind of a good i held off buying the 003 for the time being... Once this gets worked out it'll be all good, I just don't want to setup dual boot on my laptop... Thanks again

bigbubbaj 11-12-2007 08:16 PM

I did not have a wavedriver either under vista with my 002R.

Based on what spk says, that seems to say that there is no wavedriver shipped for vista.

I use the onboard sound for all the non pt stuff anyhow, so oh well.

Add it to the 7.4 WTF list.

sw rec 11-13-2007 01:48 PM

Does Rail's MME helper work in Vista???

spkguitar 11-13-2007 02:07 PM

Rail's MME Helper is for the Wavedriver. Since there is no WaveDriver in Vista... then... no.

kazik 12-01-2007 10:28 AM

digidesign havent added full drivers yet to support vista. only to support pro tools itself. pretty frustrating, it has been a year since vista came out!