Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   No activation code for Melodyne (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412639)

Emi 11-12-2020 12:41 PM

No activation code for Melodyne

There´s no Melodyne essentials...or what ever Melodyne in my Avid Product Account..so I can´t activate it.

Anyone is experiencing the same thing?

jeffro 11-12-2020 01:25 PM

Re: No activation code for Melodyne

If you don't see it in your product list at my.avid.com/products please click the Claim your free gifts now! link at the top and report back. Thanks!

Emi 11-12-2020 01:26 PM

Thanks Jeffro, as always very helpful

jeffro 11-12-2020 04:05 PM

Sorry, this part of install wasn't real intuitive... we created a Melodyne plugin licensing KB to help a bit here.

Emi 11-12-2020 04:12 PM

Not to worry, Melodyne is up and running. Thank you very much.

Btw, Melodyne is a really nice add for Pro tools

The Weed 11-12-2020 04:36 PM

Melodyne was included with a PT release many years ago as Melodyne Single Track and Celemony have updated it over the years with a personal zip file that they advise about in an email. I already received Melodyne Essential 5.1 last week. Very nice service for a free add on.

arche3 11-12-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2583200)
Sorry, this part of install wasn't real intuitive... we created a Melodyne plugin licensing KB to help a bit here.

Hi Jeffro. If I already have melodyne studio I don't need to install the free melodyne correct? Or does the new protools need the melodyne that comes with 2020.11? Then I would have melodyne studio and the avid melodyne??? I already installed 2020.11 but have not tried to use melodyne yet.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

jeffro 11-12-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 2583218)
...If I already have melodyne studio I don't need to install the free melodyne correct?...

Correct. We are providing essential since Melodyne is needed for this functionality, but if you already have Melodyne you can simply use that. Make sure it's the current version... avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/How_To/Melodyne-plugin-licensing

Bigbottomend 11-12-2020 05:33 PM

This was a total PIA for me to get working... I thought I'd provide my experience in how I finally got it working in case anyone else is struggling.

1. In order to activate the license (found in the "my gifts" area of your Product Portal as outlined above) you have to insert the plugin on a track, activate it, then restart Pro Tools. Except mine still wouldn't work. I read somewhere that it needs to be version 5.1, but for some reason Pro Tools only had version 4.0 installed. Tried to update via the plugin, which downloaded version 4.2, still wouldn't work.

Had to go to the Celemony website and download a trial version of Melodyne Studio 5.1 - and boom, we have lift off. Seems like it installed that and licensed it automatically to be Melodyne Essential - that's what it says on the plug in.

Playing around with it and it is working well. I think there could be better implementation of the conversion parameters, such as threshold and ignore shorter notes, maybe they'll get around to that later. But this feature has been long overdue for PT users, so getting used to ironing out the wrinkles of using it is a small price to pay!

EDIT: I think that I may have had an old "gift" version of Melodyne 4.0 installed, even so the PT installer didn't over-write with the latest version and the plugin updater didn't either.

BLUElight AudioMedia 11-12-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbottomend (Post 2583240)
This was a total PIA for me to get working... I thought I'd provide my experience in how I finally got it working in case anyone else is struggling.

1. In order to activate the license (found in the "my gifts" area of your Product Portal as outlined above) you have to insert the plugin on a track, activate it, then restart Pro Tools. Except mine still wouldn't work. I read somewhere that it needs to be version 5.1, but for some reason Pro Tools only had version 4.0 installed. Tried to update via the plugin, which downloaded version 4.2, still wouldn't work.

Had to go to the Celemony website and download a trial version of Melodyne Studio 5.1 - and boom, we have lift off. Seems like it installed that and licensed it automatically to be Melodyne Essential - that's what it says on the plug in.

Playing around with it and it is working well. I think there could be better implementation of the conversion parameters, such as threshold and ignore shorter notes, maybe they'll get around to that later. But this feature has been long overdue for PT users, so getting used to ironing out the wrinkles of using it is a small price to pay!

EDIT: I think that I may have had an old "gift" version of Melodyne 4.0 installed, even so the PT installer didn't over-write with the latest version and the plugin updater didn't either.

This happened to me as well. Pro Tools downloaded/installed Melodyne 4.2, not 5.1. So it's not working at all. Going to try the manual download method.