Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   MTM Light Leak on Touch Screen (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416120)

Postmh 07-07-2021 08:20 AM

MTM Light Leak on Touch Screen

New S4 arrived last month and there was a light leak from the top left corner of the touch screen on the MTM.

Contacted support they were great, amazing actually, and had another one shipped up here within a few days. The issue wasn't stopping us from mixing - so there was no great rush - it was appreciated.

We swapped out with the new MTM. Turned it on, and the same light leak is present - in the exact same spot. (granted not as evident).

It happens, maybe slipped through QA or they were made the same shift.. who knows. However...

Support is now telling me that they've spoken to the Project Manager and QA and that this light leak is normal - and there is nothing more they can do?

I find this hard to believe, as I don't see this issue on any Tips&Tricks videos, in-fact the MTM video (with a close up of the touch screen) shows clearly there is no leak.

I also can't see a product of this cost having an accepted defect as such.

We all work in dark rooms, it is very evident.

Does any one else have this issue?

I would love to know if it is commonly accepted. Or if Eddie or Jeff could clear this up...

**Have Attached two pictures, one of the original, the other of the replacement.

Original MTM

Replacement New MTM

Any help would be appreciated - would love to know if this is common place - Thanks in advance.

EddieJones 07-08-2021 08:06 AM

Re: MTM Light Leak on Touch Screen

This has come through to me internally now and we are looking into it.

Postmh 07-08-2021 06:52 PM

Ok great thanks for the update Eddie.

Greatly appreciated.

garret 07-16-2021 04:01 AM

Just to say that our MTM on the S4 is producing the same light leak. So it seems to be a build problem.

Postmh 07-16-2021 09:42 AM

Thanks for the info, good to know. I know they are working on it internally, I will keep you posted of any developments.

To add - support has been nothing but amazing. Great customer service.

Thx!

garret 07-16-2021 11:10 AM

Thanks. Good to know. Ours is new as well. Just a couple of months old.

EddieJones 07-16-2021 02:40 PM

Yes, please do not RMA the units yet until we figure out with the supplier what's going on. Once we fine out I'll let you know.

basehead617 07-16-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2607987)
Yes, please do not RMA the units yet until we figure out with the supplier what's going on. Once we fine out I'll let you know.

Eddie, can you please post in the thread what the result is here?

I don't want to order a new one only to have the same issue.

garret 07-16-2021 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Eddie. Here is a photo of ours. It is still there in screening mode albeit less noticeable.

Also not to highjack the thread in any way but could you confirm that the unused knob above the lone single fader on the MAM should act like the others on the console? When I push it in, it doesn't pop back out like the others. I have to manually pull it back out. Obviously it's not in use at the moment so it's not a big issue but if it's not supposed to do that then I should get it sorted while under warranty.

Thanks.

EddieJones 07-17-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garret (Post 2608012)
Thanks Eddie. Here is a photo of ours. It is still there in screening mode albeit less noticeable.

Also not to highjack the thread in any way but could you confirm that the unused knob above the lone single fader on the MAM should act like the others on the console? When I push it in, it doesn't pop back out like the others. I have to manually pull it back out. Obviously it's not in use at the moment so it's not a big issue but if it's not supposed to do that then I should get it sorted while under warranty.

Thanks.

Yes that knob is the same as the others and hopefully it will be working with PT soon so yes get it fixed.