Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   10.6.x Snow Leopard? Have you been Testing Digi? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=247677)

Numi 06-08-2009 12:44 PM

10.6.x Snow Leopard? Have you been Testing Digi?

Apple announced a possible September release for 10.6, Snow Leopard. I was curious if Digi has been pre testing it, and if Digi has any plans on updating the PT's 8 to 64 bit code to compliment the new changes?

Does this also mean, a possible real time 64 bit audio engine update? As well as plugins that support 64 bit float precision?

The update is stated to be 29.00USD?? If you already own a computer with 10.5 on it..that's quite a deal!

I hope to see a 64bit audio engine;32bit float file support;and compatibility support with the new operation system. OH!..and maybe with the new hardware updates, FW800 connections and support across the board =) I think adding these handful of features would be totally awesome...of course along with ADC :D

What's your plan Avid-Digi? :cool:

docbop 06-08-2009 03:40 PM

Re: 10.6.x Snow Leopard? Have you been Testing Digi?

You know they can't answer any of that. If an AppleCore site they are under NDA. Like any SW company they don't talk about unreleased products until right before release.

Robert Martin 06-08-2009 06:13 PM

I have a beta of Snow leopard and PTLE "seems" to run fine on it. Please take that lightly as I was able to load PTLE and record a couple of tracks without any issues. I did not spend more than 10 minutes working with it, so I certainly cannot say it works completely fine.. But it appears there is hope. You know PTLE probably won't be Digi certified for a few months after the new OS is released.

Numi 06-09-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docbop (Post 1408853)
You know they can't answer any of that. If an AppleCore site they are under NDA. Like any SW company they don't talk about unreleased products until right before release.

I was unaware of that policy, but I'm sure some of my questions can be eluded to :p

DigiTechSupt 06-09-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numi (Post 1409169)
I was unaware of that policy, but I'm sure some of my questions can be eluded to :p

Sorry, in this case we're unable to comment about this, other than to say we're working on it.

tombx 06-11-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Martin (Post 1408935)
I have a beta of Snow leopard and PTLE "seems" to run fine on it. Please take that lightly as I was able to load PTLE and record a couple of tracks without any issues. I did not spend more than 10 minutes working with it, so I certainly cannot say it works completely fine.. But it appears there is hope. You know PTLE probably won't be Digi certified for a few months after the new OS is released.

any update about this, Robert?

i have the developer preview of Snow Leopard given out to attendees of Apple's WWDC this week and have been holding off installing it on my MacBook Pro in case it kills Pro Tools LE 8.0 on it.

CME 06-11-2009 10:05 PM

Since a lot of the changes seem to be "under the hood", I wouldn't expect everything to work perfectly. However a lot of the tech seems to be aimed a helping developers (Grand Central), and since it is essentially building on 10.5. Maybe it won't take long to get it going.

Bryan_Golder 06-11-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numi (Post 1409169)

Ha! Excellent malapropism. Intentional? ;)

Numi 07-25-2009 04:34 PM

I am curious..Snow Leopard is right around the corner(and Windows 7..not quite as interesting but still soon). I am wondering if this build is going to be "so" different that it may take time and updates to be usable...or if it is still similar to 10.5.7, enough to be used without much change to PT's LE.

Not that it matters much, but the new features and upgrade price seem reasonable and cool.

Since I use Cubase 4(which Steinberg no longer updates)..and some other VI's, I probably won't upgade anyways until I make a more larger jump.

So, I guess my reason for pushing this thread back to the top is...does anyone think it(Digi Sup More So)..will PT's 8 be ready near the release of SL and be usable in a timely fashion? Maybe this question is vague enough to get a bite...with flavor. :D

flommer 07-25-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numi (Post 1431491)
I am curious..Snow Leopard is right around the corner(and Windows 7..not quite as interesting but still soon). I am wondering if this build is going to be "so" different that it may take time and updates to be usable...or if it is still similar to 10.5.7, enough to be used without much change to PT's LE.

Not that it matters much, but the new features and upgrade price seem reasonable and cool.

Since I use Cubase 4(which Steinberg no longer updates)..and some other VI's, I probably won't upgade anyways until I make a more larger jump.

So, I guess my reason for pushing this thread back to the top is...does anyone think it(Digi Sup More So)..will PT's 8 be ready near the release of SL and be usable in a timely fashion? Maybe this question is vague enough to get a bite...with flavor. :D

Dude, you are wasting your time worrying about a release date..

It will be out when they release it.. And if it will be "usable" will probably be very different from different people's perspectives, as always..