Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Problemas con la Motherboard de la Digi 003 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=387911)

juancho203 01-09-2017 06:46 PM

Problemas con la Motherboard de la Digi 003

Saludos, Accidentalmente conecte un cable Firewire en mal estado, en cortocircuito, en mi Digi 003. Ahora, la luz del Host no enciende. Soy técnico en electrónica y al abrirla medí todo los voltajes de la fuente de poder. Están presente los 4.7 Volts, 17 Volts, 53 Volts y titila un diodo led en la motherboard de la digi 003 marcado como D9. Necesito asistencia técnica, pues aquí en Venezuela no hay repuestos ni servicio técnico digidesign. Pudieran orientarme sobre cual componente electronico medir y localizar el daño. Mis sospechas estan en los diodos smd D4 y D5 cerca de los puertos FireWire.
Greetings, Accidentally connect a faulty Firewire cable, short circuit, to my Digi 003. Now, the Host light does not turn on. I am an electronics technician and when I opened it, I measured all the voltages of the power source. The 4.7 Volts, 17 Volts, 53 Volts are present and flashes a led diode on the motherboard of the digi 003 marked D9. I need technical assistance, because here in Venezuela there are no spare parts or digidesign service. They could guide me on which electronic component to measure and locate the damage. My suspicions are on smd diodes D4 and D5 near the FireWire ports.

albee1952 01-10-2017 01:55 PM

Re: Problemas con la Motherboard de la Digi 003

Based on some older posts, it could also be the FW chip. One post from maybe a year ago told of the actual chip being a $5 part, but you need the skill and tools to do the very fine soldering as the legs on the chip are tiny., Diodes would be easy to test if you pull one end off the PCB, but be prepared for the chip to be cooked(as it was on mine due to an accidental unplug of the FW cable while everything was hot).

juancho203 01-12-2017 11:35 AM

Resuelto el problema. La tarjeta Firewire estaba dañada. La Digi 003 no sufrió daño alguno.

Sito 08-19-2020 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juancho203 (Post 2406047)
Saludos, Accidentalmente conecte un cable Firewire en mal estado, en cortocircuito, en mi Digi 003. Ahora, la luz del Host no enciende. Soy técnico en electrónica y al abrirla medí todo los voltajes de la fuente de poder. Están presente los 4.7 Volts, 17 Volts, 53 Volts y titila un diodo led en la motherboard de la digi 003 marcado como D9. Necesito asistencia técnica, pues aquí en Venezuela no hay repuestos ni servicio técnico digidesign. Pudieran orientarme sobre cual componente electronico medir y localizar el daño. Mis sospechas estan en los diodos smd D4 y D5 cerca de los puertos FireWire.
Greetings, Accidentally connect a faulty Firewire cable, short circuit, to my Digi 003. Now, the Host light does not turn on. I am an electronics technician and when I opened it, I measured all the voltages of the power source. The 4.7 Volts, 17 Volts, 53 Volts are present and flashes a led diode on the motherboard of the digi 003 marked D9. I need technical assistance, because here in Venezuela there are no spare parts or digidesign service. They could guide me on which electronic component to measure and locate the damage. My suspicions are on smd diodes D4 and D5 near the FireWire ports.

Hola. Se me ha roto el componente smd "D4" etiquetado en el encapsulado con "D134". Sabrías decirme que tipo de componente es para sustituirlo?. Gracias.