Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Error Message on PT12.5 Start (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=379641)

brianiac5150 04-04-2016 06:14 PM

Error Message on PT12.5 Start

Been running v12.4 on my Win7 PC with no issues. Uninstalled it the other day, downloaded v12.5, installed it and received the following message when attempting my maiden voyage:

"C:Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\FFmt.dll could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.

Error details:

Import DLL ACFPluginHost.dll cannot be loaded."

Went to the directory, saw the FFmt.dll file, however, not ACF...dll file. Did a search and found the file in the directory C:\Program Files\Avid\Cloud Client Services, copied it, pasted into C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools and voilà...so far, so good.

So...any smart people here know the reasoning behind this and if it's a proper fix? Been running since v6 and never had this issue.

Also posted here, as upon searching "ACFPluginHost.dll" here, nothing of any pertinence was revealed. Hopefully, this can be of aide for any further affliction.

Ludia 05-04-2016 04:09 AM

Re: Error Message on PT12.5 Start

I also downloaded 12.5 to do the installation because I'm hoping a lot of my troubles since version 12 are resolved. (to be honnest I never had weird bug before but 12 is swarming with it)

When I unpacked the downloaded zip Norton gave me a popup that the file acfpluginhost.dll is infected with WS.Reputation.1 and of course it got removed.

So Brainiac, this might be your issue as well.
Thing is... what to do next.
Is it safe to repair this file and just go with it?

Anyone else had something similar?

Regards, Luc

cabo246 05-06-2016 08:05 AM

I just installed 12.5 with the same errors as well. Is there a solution out there Im missing to fix this?

midsummermagic1111 09-07-2016 11:22 PM

Worked!!! Thank you :)

tomboc 09-08-2016 02:35 AM

Unable to speak to anyone at Avid
Hi im sorry i have different problem sorry for my english <
I did buy today subscriptions pt 12 , i did pay money from my
mastercard and now i have nothing . Money has been sent to avid
but in my account i have nothing , on billing history is empty . what should i do
cause you know contact with avid is impossible .
one questions where avid have his clients !!!!!
tom

jeam25 09-09-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianiac5150 (Post 2347601)
Been running v12.4 on my Win7 PC with no issues. Uninstalled it the other day, downloaded v12.5, installed it and received the following message when attempting my maiden voyage:

"C:Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\FFmt.dll could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.

Error details:

Went to the directory, saw the FFmt.dll file, however, not ACF...dll file. Did a search and found the file in the directory C:\Program Files\Avid\Cloud Client Services, copied it, pasted into C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools and voilà...so far, so good.

So...any smart people here know the reasoning behind this and if it's a proper fix? Been running since v6 and never had this issue.

Also posted here, as upon searching "ACFPluginHost.dll" here, nothing of any pertinence was revealed. Hopefully, this can be of aide for any further affliction.

Hi !

Well that seems to me a conflict between installations . That doesn't happens under normal upgrade installation . You have ( should ) to clean databases and pref. after any PT installation . That's the safe way to go ! :-)

SSShaw 04-02-2017 08:39 AM

I am also looking to figure out how to stop Norton from Deleting files (with getting rid of virus protection).. Mine told me that BDM.dll contained a virus and automatically deleted it.. with the the ability to restore... AAAAAaahhhhhh!!!!

Southsidemusic 04-02-2017 08:43 AM

Never use antivirus crapware on a PT computer. Never. That is just gonna give issues that isn't any issues. Deactivate the antivirus software on any PT computer or get a dedicated computer only for audio work.

The Weed 04-02-2017 10:10 AM

^^^^This.

Other than that, forget Norton and find something that plays well with PT or find a way to put PT and all its files on the "Ignore" list.

parachutte07 05-06-2021 11:31 AM

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. I'm having the same problem OP mentioned:

Error details:

However, I cannot fix the problem.

Also the threads below didn't help me either.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...light=ffmt.dll

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391886

I use Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Solo 2nd gen., Pro Tools First (as part of the Focusrite software bundle).

I would much appreciate if someone can help me.

Thank you.